1964 Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Police Car

There is a 1964 Studebaker Police car on the Orange County Craigslist. No price given.
    Allen

This looks like the one that was sold by Joe out of IL last year. Here is the link.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Now, if you are going to have a "Lark", this is the one!! []
      Wonder what the asking price is - I'm afraid to ask.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

I called a few hours ago, but they were closed. I'm guessing big bucks.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I called a few hours ago, but they were closed. I'm guessing big bucks.

JDP/Maryland
          If I recall correctly, it went for around $20K at the auction last fall.

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

It's all relative. I bought my 63 cop car on ebay for $2700, someone offered me 4K before I got it home and I thought I'd made a killing. Now, I wish I'd have kept it, because now, 3 years later, the guy was offered 10K for it.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

When I lived in the SF Bay Area in '69 - 71 I used to drive by a black '64 R-1 Marshall that sat on a residential street in Hayward (I think- severe CRS). It didn't appear to ever move- probably eventually got scrapped[V].
              Not a '64, but interesting all the same- some years back there was a lot of talk about someone buying the '62 or '63 Cruiser that Emmy Lou Harris's dad had ordered. It had the police equipment package including the zippered head liner, four speed and bucket seats. Emmy Lou supposedly had learned to drive in that car. I wonder whatever has become of it.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
              Museum R-4 engine
              1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
              1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

A couple of early 1960's police cars were in use in Saanich, B.C. on Vancouver Island. My cousin was in the force at that time and told me about his adventures in them. I wonder if there's any trace of them now?
                and that Shell 4000 rally car......

Brian K. Curtis,
                1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
                1949 1/2 ton pickup
                1963 GT Hawk custom
                1966 Daytona 2dr

Comment

$35,000 is the asking price I got in my very short conversion. I was not rude, but wished him good luck at that figure.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:". this car is in excellent condition. it is 1 of 20 made. we do have the build book. we are asking 35000.00. if you need anything else let us know.
                    thanks

Highline Motorsports 200 E. Cypress St. Brea, Ca. 92821
                    714-671-0800 www.hilineonline.com"
                    this is what I got back ----[:0]

it still drives me crazy when someone lists a vehicle for sale with out a price ...

John
                    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by chocolate turkey

A couple of early 1960's police cars were in use in Saanich, B.C. on Vancouver Island. My cousin was in the force at that time and told me about his adventures in them. I wonder if there's any trace of them now?

Brian K. Curtis,

Hmmm... a good friend of mine is the current D/Chief for Saanich PD. I will ask him when I see him next.

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island
                      </h5>
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by chocolate turkey

Brian K. Curtis,

Hmmm... a good friend of mine is the current D/Chief for Saanich PD. I will ask him when I see him next.

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

quote:". this car is in excellent condition. it is 1 of 20 made. we do have the build book. we are asking 35000.00. if you need anything else let us know.
                          thanks

it still drives me crazy when someone lists a vehicle for sale with out a price ...

My wife told me this back when we first got married:
                          "If they require that you ask for the price...it is usually too much."

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

thanks

My wife told me this back when we first got married:
                            "If they require that you ask for the price...it is usually too much."

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                            X