'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bend over, you will get your share.

Comment

I just got 2 from a girl.

Chris Pile
            StudeFolk Manager
            Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I got mine. Guess he/she doesn't know I'm a newbie.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get on top of this. There's been 4 phishers (so far) that have created valid forum registrations yesterday evening. Appears as though they are randomly using the "email member" link to send out their trash. It's work on their part but these people have nothing but time on their hands. One of them also posted to a forum, which I deleted.

I locked their forum registration, which prevents them from using the same email address, but until the Internet authorities (do they exist?) wake up that places like Yahoo and Gmail (that offer near unlimited free email accounts) need to be held accountable for their turning a blind eye to the problem.

Thanks to all who sent me emails.

Bob Shaw
                SDC webmaster

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
                Woodbury, Minnesota
                sigpic
                Bob Shaw
                Rush City, Minnesota
                1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Can't you just block all Nigerian ISP traffic?
                  Sonny has had to resort to something like this to prevent them from coming in to his forum site.
                  (I can't imagine many Stude's driven by enthusiasts in Nigeria)
                  Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Sorry it took so long to get on top of this. There's been 4 phishers (so far) that have created valid forum registrations yesterday evening. Appears as though they are randomly using the "email member" link to send out their trash. It's work on their part but these people have nothing but time on their hands. One of them also posted to a forum, which I deleted.
                  I locked their forum registration, which prevents them from using the same email address, but until the Internet authorities (do they exist?) wake up that places like Yahoo and Gmail (that offer near unlimited free email accounts) need to be held accountable for their turning a blind eye to the problem.
                  Thanks to all who sent me emails.
                  Bob Shaw
                  SDC webmaster
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I got one, isn't it nice to have peolpe think we are such helpfull people on the form. Delete works fine for such emails. It's nice Brad can cut these people off at' the pass of a key board stroke'.

Comment

I don't know if we should block all Nigerian ISP's; better check with the NSDC first.

Comment

Just saw this posting today (been under the weather a few days) AFTER I forwarded my "offer" to Bob S..

Their grasp of English isn't all that bad, so you have to wonder why the initial contact says: "helo".
                        I get alot of inquiries via the forum. Questions about parts, resources, etc., so I try to answer any that come along. A message that said simply: "helo" seemed innocent enough even tho it didn't address some certain issue. I just figured whoever sent it was not adept at contacting thru the forums e-mail option.

Oh well[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                        X