48 champion overdrive pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 champion overdrive pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just installed a overdrive transmission in my 48 champion I have done everything but the wiring can anyone provide me with pics of where the relay is mounted do i have to make holes or are they there and also show me where the overdrive harness is routed along the fire wall also I understand that you dont use the lockout switch on the trans anymore is that true and how does that change my wiring I was told to put a toggle switch in instead how does this change my wiring I have purchased a premade overdrive wiring harness from stude west can anyone please send pics I have a 6volt system

I don't have any pics. The relay normally mounts, can upward, to the firewall or the flange on the firewall more or less above the steering column. You may find holes or dimples in the body metal if you look closely. You should be able to find pics in the shop manual or the parts manual.

In the case of the lockout switch, the usual practice is to simply join its connectors together with a screw, and tape up the joint well. Then put an oil-tight cover over the mounting hole. You don't need a toggle switch. Overdrive is mechanically locked out when reverse is selected, anyway. Now some people DO use a toggle switch instead of the governor to control the overdrive, but I won't recommend that.

You do need a kickdown switch attached to the throttle linkage; there should be a place for it visible.

Hope this helps.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
    X