POSTING PICTURES - UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POSTING PICTURES - UPDATE

It appears that with the recently upgraded forum software, there is no longer a need to change the uppercase "IMG" tags with lowercase "img" in order to see the picture. Actually, I stumbled on this today and have tested it with both Safari and Firefox on a Mac. If does not work for you, please advise with a private email telling me what operating system and browser you're using.

If it is indeed fixed, this will make it easier to post a picture. If no one reports a problem using uppercase IMG tags I will revise the How To Include a Photo" how-to.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Here's my test
    Rob

Comment

test on a mac using safari ---

John Sweeney
      Folsom CA
      1951 Studebaker Champion Regal Business Coupe
      1937 Dictator Coupe

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
      Cruisin’ News is dedicated to serving Northern and Central California by promoting events and assisting in the sale of parts and vehicles.

John
      Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Note to forum poster's..
        Try to resize your pic's to 640x480 before putting them up here.
        That will keep the screensize small and prevent text word wrapping issues....
        Thanks ahead of time...
        Jeff[8D]

[/quote]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Note to forum poster's..
          Try to resize your pic's to 640x480 before putting them up here.
          That will keep the screensize small and prevent text word wrapping issues....
          Thanks ahead of time...
          Jeff[8D]
          What Jeff suggests. If you look at my suggested sizes in the "How to include a picture" post, you'll see the various recommended picture sizes that are forum friendly. For all forum members wishing to post pictures and you are not using a photo album site like Photobucket that has built-in resizing tools, you really need to have a photo editing program on your home computer. Many times if you are shooting digital photos at the highest quality, those files will be way too large for forum use.

With photo editing software, you can edit your pics for the various uses you have for them. For example, on my home computer, I keep a copy at highest resolution from my camera, then make a lower resolution version for Internet/email uses. Sometimes, three different versions that in the title I include "LG", "MED, "SM".

So, what is "resolution?" There are two considerations for your pictures: size and resolution. Size, we've discussed. Resolution is the amount of digital information in the photo, as measured by pixels per inch (ppi) or sometimes referenced as dpi.

For example, digital pics that will make Art Unger a happy camper will be a TW full-page size at 300 ppi. Cool beans for Art, but overkill for the Internet! When the end-use is viewing on a computer monitor, such as forums, websites, etc., all you need is the size you want at a mere 72 ppi.

I believe that using the resizing tool on Photobucket also reduces your ppi so you'd be good to go. However, if using a stand-alone photo editing program, and you're making a photo version for forum use, adjust BOTH the size and resolution.

This keeps photo file sizes smaller...and that's a good deal for ALL forum members, especially those on dial-up!

Good luck!

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
          Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I'll try a test as well...[img][/img]

Comment

Hey 'barnlark', is that my white '63 Skytop in the background? I've never been able (yet) to post a photo of any kind, of it here!

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Or this...too big? [img][/img]

Comment

Yes Bill! I will look for a better one..
                  quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Hey 'barnlark', is that my white '63 Skytop in the background? I've never been able (yet) to post a photo of any kind, of it here!

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH

Comment

Bob Shaw, please excuse the new thread. I'm still trying to get this correct...Bill Pressler, how's this, pal?![img][/img]

Comment

Double test shot of Wink's Studebaker Meet, Barberton, Ohio. Aug. '07. Bob Shaw, the IMG does not need to be lower cased on any of these tests. Dave[img][/img]

Comment

Here is my test. Windows XP.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

Or this...too big? [img][/img]
                          I absolutely love that car. Just thought I'd let you know.

Kel

1961 Studebaker Lark VIII. 6x,xxx miles from the factory. Daily driven.

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture of that gorgeous '63 Skytop of Paul's...

That's all I needed to make my mind up that my Daytona will be painted the original Ermine White. Beautiful car! [^]

Paul, how did you get that slight 'nose down' stance?

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Other than that goofy guy standing by the car, great pic! Thanks Dave!

Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH

Bob Shaw, please excuse the new thread. I'm still trying to get this correct...Bill Pressler, how's this, pal?![img][/img]
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X