Three Point Saftey Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Point Saftey Belts

Does anyone have insight into the reinforcing of the B pillar in a Lark wagon for installing the anchor of a shoulder belt, if you have a picture as well I'd be interested.
    Thanks
    Bill

I have done an additional search and have come up with the right word combo to get the information I was looking for, feel free to add your $.02.

WP FOY, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

I'm thinking of adding some combination belts from a "spare" Volvo to my not-quite ready for the road 1960 Hawk.
    All those daggers on the Hawk dashboard have me thinking.

Aside from providing a larger plate in the vicinity of the actual attachement bolt I don't think much is required. Look at the attachment for the rear belts as used in Volvo 240 wagons.

Comment

This kits works. I've installed it on a couple of cars.

Comment

Thanks Allan,
        After doing additional searching I was able to link to Julianos.
        I sent them off an email this morning and within a few hours recieved a response to my question, on Sunday, gotta love it.
        After taking a look at the pilar configuration, I went back to the computer and ordered up a set with Chrome Lift Latch Buckles, now I'll have to order up a pair of Studebaker seat belt decals, does it ever end.

WP FOY, Ontario
        1964 Wagonaire Slider
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

My son and I installed a set of 3 point belts from Julianos in his '55 Champion 4 door several years ago. They worked great. However, on his '58 Silver Hawk the pillar is not wide enough for the kit to work. I am going to use their belts when I redo the Cruiser's interior.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If you are going to be putting those shoulder belts in a Wagonaire, you can use the stainless trim from the exterior of a Cruiser B pillar, to conceal thru and thru carriage bolts attaching a steel bar to the inside of the B pillar. That allows you to spread the load over the entire upper B pillar.

Comment

Working...
            X