PDA

View Full Version : 57 Golden Hawk...

64V-K7
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
So, our new chapter member has a 57 Golden Hawk and it's trophy, but needs some TLC. He just emailed me about getting a new radiator because the recore will cost him $350.00 locally. I'll gently break the news to him later, but since this car has a water cooled HD flight-O-matic, is this radiator, common with any other later models? I seem to recall the 57's were a 3 row and besides having a different top tank, all the later rads are 2 row? That right?

StudeRich
10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Only if the '59-'66 car has the STANDARD radiator, not HD 3 row option or is equipped with Jet Thrust Engine or Air Cond. ! Also, all 2 row rads accept a 3 row conversion. I think he needs to go to a shop that charges the standard $250.00 to recore. Does he live in Palm Springs or Beverly Hills, maybe?

quote:Originally posted by 55Prez

So, our new chapter member has a 57 Golden Hawk and it's trophy, but needs some TLC. He just emailed me about getting a new radiator because the recore will cost him $350.00 locally. I'll gently break the news to him later, but since this car has a water cooled HD flight-O-matic, is this radiator, common with any other later models? I seem to recall the 57's were a 3 row and besides having a different top tank, all the later rads are 2 row? That right?

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

64V-K7
10-18-2006, 08:46 AM
He lives in McLean, VA and that's a standard price around here