TOPIC SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOPIC SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVATED

As the upgraded forum software seems to be working pretty well (anyone seen out-of-sequence posts lately?) I have reactivated the "Topic Subscription" feature on a trial basis ONLY in the Stude General Discussion and Tech Talk forums. If it crashes the forum I'll deep-six it again.

For those not familiar...

When you are signed in and reading a topic, you will now have a "[u]Subscribe to topic</u>" link in the list of links on the right side of the page just above the blue bar.

Clicking this link will subscribe you to that topic and you will receive an email EVERY time someone posts a reply to that topic.

WARNING: If you click the link twice you'll be subscribed twice and will get TWO emails for EVERY reply made to that topic. The last time I tried this some members had subscribed four or more times to a topic and were deluged with emails.

ALSO, In the upper right menu you now have a [u]"My Subscriptions"</u> link. REVIEW THIS REGULARLY and "unsubscribe" from topics that are old or you are no longer interested in. This is also where you can see if you inadvertently subscribed to a topic multiple times.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Excellent, thanks Bob!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Excellent, thanks Bob!

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Bob,

Even while the subscriptions option was unavailable, I still had the "My Subscriptions" link, and it still maintained the topics I had subscribed to a couple years ago. Just a FYI.

I think it's a good feature and am glad to see it return. Hopefully, it won't have the problems it had in the past and, YES, everyone should check it from time to time and unsubscribe from stale links.

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bob,

Even while the subscriptions option was unavailable, I still had the "My Subscriptions" link, and it still maintained the topics I had subscribed to a couple years ago. Just a FYI.

I think it's a good feature and am glad to see it return. Hopefully, it won't have the problems it had in the past and, YES, everyone should check it from time to time and unsubscribe from stale links.

Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X