Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More old Studebaker pictures

There's a lot out there if you know how to find it:

Apparently it's not allowed for me to just post some of these, so I'm giving the link. My favorites are the five girls on a Studebaker and the pictures of Lafayette's carriage owned by Studebaker - DOES THE MUSEUM STILL HAVE THIS CARRIAGE?

Happy looking!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Scott post one or two of your favorites down in the stove huggers forum. No one will complain there.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Scott post one or two of your favorites down in the stove huggers forum. No one will complain there.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Don,
        I don't think there's any complaint to posting the pics to this forum. After all, they're STUDEBAKER pics. I think Scott's complaint is that he can't get the individual pic links to work.

Either way, browsing the pics the other day - what caught my eye in one description was the notation that there was a Red Crown Gasoline sign on the one dealership from the teens. It said gas was $o.19&1/2cents a gallon. According to a conversion calculator, that nineteen and one half cents is worth $3.70 in today's money!!! Heck, $3.50 regular[] is cheap stuff!!!!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Don,
          I don't think there's any complaint to posting the pics to this forum. After all, they're STUDEBAKER pics. I think Scott's complaint is that he can't get the individual pic links to work.

Either way, browsing the pics the other day - what caught my eye in one description was the notation that there was a Red Crown Gasoline sign on the one dealership from the teens. It said gas was $o.19&1/2cents a gallon. According to a conversion calculator, that nineteen and one half cents is worth $3.70 in today's money!!! Heck, $3.50 regular[] is cheap stuff!!!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

One other thing I'd like to know (Mr. Studebaker Wheel) - what kind of mileage did the Studebakers of the teens typically get???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

One other thing I'd like to know (Mr. Studebaker Wheel) - what kind of mileage did the Studebakers of the teens typically get???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

Comment

Take a moment to read the description of the character in Photo #16 at the end of Scott's list once you click onto the link...what a hoot! [}]BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Take a moment to read the description of the character in Photo #16 at the end of Scott's list once you click onto the link...what a hoot! [}]BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:what kind of mileage did the Studebakers of the teens typically get???
                    Unfortunately, my '33 gets about 100 miles per insurance payment.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:what kind of mileage did the Studebakers of the teens typically get???
                      Unfortunately, my '33 gets about 100 miles per insurance payment.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Bob, Messr. Saville was a character right out of some Hollywood western! I wonder if he was notorious enough to where the Studebaker Bros. ever got wind of his dastardly ways.
                        Sadly, this same sort of swindler has adapted his ways to the newest field of opportunity - ebay. And swindling with Studebakers, no less.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

Comment

Bob, Messr. Saville was a character right out of some Hollywood western! I wonder if he was notorious enough to where the Studebaker Bros. ever got wind of his dastardly ways.
                          Sadly, this same sort of swindler has adapted his ways to the newest field of opportunity - ebay. And swindling with Studebakers, no less.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                          X