This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the Daytona Twin!

Well, here's the pics I promised. I hope you folks don't mind my enthusiasm. It's just, I'm so... STOKED! Take a look at that back seat, will ya?

The front seat doesn't look so good:

The dash is excellent:

[

And check this out! The third seat! It even has the fold down step.

The floors are all rusty, with no rust-through at all. The exterior is a different story. The back quarter panels on both sides are rusted away.[V] I'm afraid to think what the frame looks like.[}] Still what a fab interior! Worse comes to worse; I've fallen into a really nice interior! Now all I have to do is find someone who can duplicate the front seat upholstry.[8)] Yeah, right. Nevertheless, I've been grinning so much every time I look at the twin, my cheeks are beginning to get sore. And to think, I almost didn't go to get it.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Ya know Ron - there's ALOT of seat covers of that pattern laying around at SASCO. [:0] No, I'm serious. I've spent a couple hours digging thru them while trying to put matching sets together.
    When I was there in '02, I managed to round up a nice set of blue cloth/vinyl upholstery just to have if I wanted to do some custom seat covers for a blue Stude. I didn't care what year they might end up in, only that they would be made from genuine Studebaker pattern covers. And I'd wager that bench seat upholstery might be more plentiful since everyone wants to "upgrade" to buckets and therefor have skiened all the bucket stuff away already.
    Either way - can't hurt to ask! I'd bet that Dennis will have these "piles" open for picking thru as he has in the past. You do the digging but the price is right frugal!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ya know Ron - there's ALOT of seat covers of that pattern laying around at SASCO. [:0] No, I'm serious. I've spent a couple hours digging thru them while trying to put matching sets together.
      When I was there in '02, I managed to round up a nice set of blue cloth/vinyl upholstery just to have if I wanted to do some custom seat covers for a blue Stude. I didn't care what year they might end up in, only that they would be made from genuine Studebaker pattern covers. And I'd wager that bench seat upholstery might be more plentiful since everyone wants to "upgrade" to buckets and therefor have skiened all the bucket stuff away already.
      Either way - can't hurt to ask! I'd bet that Dennis will have these "piles" open for picking thru as he has in the past. You do the digging but the price is right frugal!

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

SASCO, that's in South Bend Indiana. Hmmm... only, what, a six, maybe seven hundred mile detour? Hmmm...

Hey! Wait-a-minute! SAME PATTERN????? Hey! The other twin needs black ones! Of course, it needs a little more than just the covers. The mice have been at it. But hey, the covers are the hard part, right?

Lotsa Larks!
        Ron Smith
        Ron Smith

Comment

SASCO, that's in South Bend Indiana. Hmmm... only, what, a six, maybe seven hundred mile detour? Hmmm...

Hey! Wait-a-minute! SAME PATTERN????? Hey! The other twin needs black ones! Of course, it needs a little more than just the covers. The mice have been at it. But hey, the covers are the hard part, right?

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
          X