Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, Guuuuiiiiiiiiiido....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Guuuuiiiiiiiiiido....................

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Bob,

I am on it! However, I have sent the seller an e-mail to get additional information before I bid.

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Bob,

I am on it! However, I have sent the seller an e-mail to get additional information before I bid.

Gary

Comment

Macon, GA... that's about a 2 hour drive north of us.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Macon, GA... that's about a 2 hour drive north of us.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I am glad that I took the time to ask for more pictures before jumping in with a bid. Apparently there is nothing other than the signage on the side of the wagon to identify it as a Studebaker. If it [u]was</u> a Studebaker, it appears that someone has at least repainted it as South Bend appears as one word. I suspect that the brothers never let one leave reading as this one does.

The above picture appears to also show some weakness (and possible prior repair) to the wheel.

Also, the seat is not original to the wagon and has been grafted on. In addition, some one has added some box tubing to the sides. [xx(]

It needs some work, but it is a one horse wagon, which makes it somewhat uncommon from what I understand. It is running for another 9 days, so i will wait to see what it does.

Comment

I am glad that I took the time to ask for more pictures before jumping in with a bid. Apparently there is nothing other than the signage on the side of the wagon to identify it as a Studebaker. If it [u]was</u> a Studebaker, it appears that someone has at least repainted it as South Bend appears as one word. I suspect that the brothers never let one leave reading as this one does.

The above picture appears to also show some weakness (and possible prior repair) to the wheel.

Also, the seat is not original to the wagon and has been grafted on. In addition, some one has added some box tubing to the sides. [xx(]

It needs some work, but it is a one horse wagon, which makes it somewhat uncommon from what I understand. It is running for another 9 days, so i will wait to see what it does.

Comment

A brief OT, Gary- It still feels weird to call you "Guido"; where does that come from anyway?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

A brief OT, Gary- It still feels weird to call you "Guido"; where does that come from anyway?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I agree with you as to the provenance of said wagon...
                    But...
                    A single horse hitch might be a tad much for this wagon if fully loaded..
                    But...
                    Georgia is cotton, and peanut country, and such a setup might not be out of the norm for the era.....
                    Doubting Thomas... Sure....
                    Kill the deal?.... Not so fast....
                    I 'might' be interested in the rig for the local historical value (screw the resale....)
                    If the paint is original, then I would be all over it....
                    (What color is the anti-freeze????)
                    Jeff[8D]
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I agree with you as to the provenance of said wagon...
                      But...
                      A single horse hitch might be a tad much for this wagon if fully loaded..
                      But...
                      Georgia is cotton, and peanut country, and such a setup might not be out of the norm for the era.....
                      Doubting Thomas... Sure....
                      Kill the deal?.... Not so fast....
                      I 'might' be interested in the rig for the local historical value (screw the resale....)
                      If the paint is original, then I would be all over it....
                      (What color is the anti-freeze????)
                      Jeff[8D]
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Gary if you purchase I'll come and get it and use in the AACA Museum display as an unusual piece. -
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Gary if you purchase I'll come and get it and use in the AACA Museum display as an unusual piece. -
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Gary,
                            Did you get a picture of how the spokes of the wheel line up with the hub?
                            I have been told thet Studebaker Wagons had the spokes staggered. One slightly to the outside of the hub then the next slightly to the inside of the hub and so on around the hub. I can not tell from the pictures you have.
                            Also the way Studebaker is painted on the side does not look correct.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary,
                              Did you get a picture of how the spokes of the wheel line up with the hub?
                              I have been told thet Studebaker Wagons had the spokes staggered. One slightly to the outside of the hub then the next slightly to the inside of the hub and so on around the hub. I can not tell from the pictures you have.
                              Also the way Studebaker is painted on the side does not look correct.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X