• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1929 Studebaker at Indy beautiful lady need help

In the Jan/Feb 2008 issue of The Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Hello Richard,

I couldn't find the film on MGM's Website, however did find the following information which you may useful - in any case you have a website dedicated to silent movies who may be able to assist you.

I hope this assists you.

John Clements

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hello Richard,

I couldn't find the film on MGM's Website, however did find the following information which you may useful - in any case you have a website dedicated to silent movies who may be able to assist you.

I hope this assists you.

John Clements

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks John. Actually I found a number of sites that provided good information on both the film and Miss Page so I am pretty well versed in both of those topics. Just would like to find that film to confirm my suspicions that Studebakers were included. I also have a very large file of Anita Page photos. She must have been the Paris Hilton of her era insofar as being photographed.

I should have pointed out in my original post that the touring car shown in the original photo above with John Hetman at the wheel was not the actual pace car. That car is a long wheelbase seven passenger FE President on the 135" wheelbase whereas the pace car was a model FH President roadster on the shorter 125" wheelbase. I am including a photo of the actual pace car below with Miss Page and race driver Harry Hartz. The car was painted Silver and Black. Note the use of the Firestone racing tires.

Richard Quinn
        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks John. Actually I found a number of sites that provided good information on both the film and Miss Page so I am pretty well versed in both of those topics. Just would like to find that film to confirm my suspicions that Studebakers were included. I also have a very large file of Anita Page photos. She must have been the Paris Hilton of her era insofar as being photographed.

I should have pointed out in my original post that the touring car shown in the original photo above with John Hetman at the wheel was not the actual pace car. That car is a long wheelbase seven passenger FE President on the 135" wheelbase whereas the pace car was a model FH President roadster on the shorter 125" wheelbase. I am including a photo of the actual pace car below with Miss Page and race driver Harry Hartz. The car was painted Silver and Black. Note the use of the Firestone racing tires.

Richard Quinn
          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn

Comment

Er, Dick; given Miss Page's honorable reason for retiring so early, could you please cite a contemporary example other than Paris Hilton[xx(]? (Just giving you some raspberries; I note your qualification, "...insofar as being photographed.")

I do hope you locate a copy of the film and will keep us posted.

(See why all you guys ought to also join The Antique Studebaker Club? This is the kind of interesting stuff Dick runs all the time.)

[8D]BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Er, Dick; given Miss Page's honorable reason for retiring so early, could you please cite a contemporary example other than Paris Hilton[xx(]? (Just giving you some raspberries; I note your qualification, "...insofar as being photographed.")

(See why all you guys ought to also join The Antique Studebaker Club? This is the kind of interesting stuff Dick runs all the time.)

[8D]BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[8D]BP
                Here is the writeup for this film at IMDB.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0020439/

There does not appear to be any way to order a copy, though.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[8D]BP
                  Here is the writeup for this film at IMDB.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0020439/

There does not appear to be any way to order a copy, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X