March-April ASC Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March-April ASC Review

Forty-six color pages!!! The only B&W were the inside covers!!!

If you want to know anything about the 1931, 1932 and 1933 Stude Indy racers...you can't buy it on the news stand.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Brad;

Thanks for the free publicity. For the non ASC members you may wish to click here:

Actually Brad I did not include the '33 race in this issue (ran out of room). I plan to cover it in Part II.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Brad;

Thanks for the free publicity. For the non ASC members you may wish to click here:

Actually Brad I did not include the '33 race in this issue (ran out of room). I plan to cover it in Part II.

Richard Quinn
      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dick,

You do good work! I'll be watching my mail closely for this one.

Gary

Comment

Dick,

You do good work! I'll be watching my mail closely for this one.

Gary

Comment

I just joined last week. I wonder if I'll get this issue.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

[V] Probably not, Scott. The mailing list for this issue was certainly generated before your membership was entered, if you joined only last week.

You might shoot an e-mail to Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone Registration and ask him who to contact at Good Printers to be sent an issue.

But contact Mark first, to be sure your name was not already (automatically) entered on the mailing list for this issue. You don't want to call and bother anyone at Good Printers if you've already got one coming. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

[V] Probably not, Scott. The mailing list for this issue was certainly generated before your membership was entered, if you joined only last week.

You might shoot an e-mail to Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone Registration and ask him who to contact at Good Printers to be sent an issue.

But contact Mark first, to be sure your name was not already (automatically) entered on the mailing list for this issue. You don't want to call and bother anyone at Good Printers if you've already got one coming. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have no claim to bragging rights but would like to mention that the #37, the original 1931, was painstakingly brought back to its current condition by my friend Stan Smith and his late father Stan Smith. It made its restored debut at the Zone Meet in Boalsburg, Pa. in 1981. At that time Stan did not yet have the carbs fully synchronized but it arrived under its own power, travelling five miles from his house to Boalsburg.

When he sold it, he said he was sorry to see it go but, it would pay for his daughter's college education.

When Jay Leno was looking for a Mercer, he contacted Stan. Stan found him one. Jay sent Stan a Tonight Show T-shirt. Stan autographed it and sent it back. It is on display in Jay's garage. Stan's quite a character and, if it weren't for him, Bob Valpey wouldn't be having the fun he's having.

A while back, Stan called and said Bob was coming to town with the #37 and they were going to do some running on the mountain roads in Rothrock State Forest, with Stan in his Mercer roadster. Would I care to join them in my Rockne?

I'm not that crazy!

I suspect, when I'm on my deathbed, I'll wish I had done that.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have no claim to bragging rights but would like to mention that the #37, the original 1931, was painstakingly brought back to its current condition by my friend Stan Smith and his late father Stan Smith. It made its restored debut at the Zone Meet in Boalsburg, Pa. in 1981. At that time Stan did not yet have the carbs fully synchronized but it arrived under its own power, travelling five miles from his house to Boalsburg.

When he sold it, he said he was sorry to see it go but, it would pay for his daughter's college education.

When Jay Leno was looking for a Mercer, he contacted Stan. Stan found him one. Jay sent Stan a Tonight Show T-shirt. Stan autographed it and sent it back. It is on display in Jay's garage. Stan's quite a character and, if it weren't for him, Bob Valpey wouldn't be having the fun he's having.

A while back, Stan called and said Bob was coming to town with the #37 and they were going to do some running on the mountain roads in Rothrock State Forest, with Stan in his Mercer roadster. Would I care to join them in my Rockne?

I'm not that crazy!

I suspect, when I'm on my deathbed, I'll wish I had done that.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                      X