Ojai Green Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ojai Green Color

Has anyone heard of Ojai Green as a color for a 1950 Champion. I am thinking of painting the Mistress in what appears to be the original color. Several members of the local club tell me that is Ojai Green, only painted on California Studes. I cannot find any reference to that color anywhere. Am I being sent on a Jackalope hunt, or was there such a color?

Thanks!

Ron

Ron

No Ojai Green in my paint chips: But, here are the choices:

52 shows: Tahoe Green, Shadow Green

50-51 shows: Aqua Green, Shenandoah Green,Rio Green

49 shows: Glacier Green, Willow Green, Bermuda Green

48 shows: Parkway Green, Peacock Green, Shenandoah Green Light

47 shows: Shenandoah Green Light, Shenandoah Green Dark, Balsam Green Metallic

46 shows: Sagamore Green Dark, Sagamore Green Light

Studebaker did have some "spring colors" and I'm not 100% sure if I have them all. I have a book with paint chips from 1936 through 1965 All Studebaker.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

No Ojai Green in my paint chips: But, here are the choices:

52 shows: Tahoe Green, Shadow Green

50-51 shows: Aqua Green, Shenandoah Green,Rio Green

49 shows: Glacier Green, Willow Green, Bermuda Green

48 shows: Parkway Green, Peacock Green, Shenandoah Green Light

47 shows: Shenandoah Green Light, Shenandoah Green Dark, Balsam Green Metallic

46 shows: Sagamore Green Dark, Sagamore Green Light

Studebaker did have some "spring colors" and I'm not 100% sure if I have them all. I have a book with paint chips from 1936 through 1965 All Studebaker.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rons50

Has anyone heard of Ojai Green as a color for a 1950 Champion. I am thinking of painting the Mistress in what appears to be the original color. Several members of the local club tell me that is Ojai Green, only painted on California Studes. I cannot find any reference to that color anywhere. Am I being sent on a Jackalope hunt, or was there such a color?
        Yes, I have seen that color listed in the November, 1979 TW.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rons50

Yes, I have seen that color listed in the November, 1979 TW.

Craig

Comment

Well, I found a Jackalope. (photo from 1974)

"The Jackalope (Lepus-temperamentalus) is one of the rarest animals in the world. A cross between an extinct pygmy-deer and a species of killer-rabbit, they are extremely shy unless approached. None have ever been captured alive and this rare photo shows a mighty buck about to strike.

Known by the ancients as "deerbunnies", it wasn't until the early 1960's that the modern more fearsome "jackalope" name was adopted.

It is written that you can extract a Jackalope's milk as it sleeps belly up at night. The milk is belived to be medicinal and can be used for a variety of afflictions. The truth is these creatures are aggressive and unpredictable, and should not be provoked for any reason!"

I wasn't able to find anything on Ojai Green...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Well, I found a Jackalope. (photo from 1974)

"The Jackalope (Lepus-temperamentalus) is one of the rarest animals in the world. A cross between an extinct pygmy-deer and a species of killer-rabbit, they are extremely shy unless approached. None have ever been captured alive and this rare photo shows a mighty buck about to strike.

Known by the ancients as "deerbunnies", it wasn't until the early 1960's that the modern more fearsome "jackalope" name was adopted.

It is written that you can extract a Jackalope's milk as it sleeps belly up at night. The milk is belived to be medicinal and can be used for a variety of afflictions. The truth is these creatures are aggressive and unpredictable, and should not be provoked for any reason!"

I wasn't able to find anything on Ojai Green...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That's the straight skinny on Ojai Green! It's a light green, just very slightly darker than the Rio Green here.........
                Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

That's the straight skinny on Ojai Green! It's a light green, just very slightly darker than the Rio Green here.........
                  Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Dwain G.

Comment

My build sheet on my ‘50 Champion Business Coupe lists Ojai Green as the original color.
                    1950 Champion Regal Deluxe Business Coupe
                    1955 President Speedster
                    1958 Packard Hawk

Comment

• StudeRich
                      StudeRich commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It must have been built at the Vernon Plant in the Los Angeles Area.
                      It also could be a Spring Color making it even harder to find any Paint info.

But there may not be any response on this string, it is quite OLD; 03 of 2008 !

Mebbe look for a paint label on the underside of the glove box?

Comment

The original post is 15 year old, but just for fun.....
                      click on pic to enlarge

Click image for larger version

Name:	1950.colors.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1975055

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                        click on pic to enlarge
                        Thanks for posting that color chart. Interesting it includes a couple of the more popular fleet colors, including Ma Bell and Swift Meats colors.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X