lark to champ interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lark to champ interchange

I found a lark 4 door station wagon serial # 60V26370 it has a v-8 #V179908 with power steering and automatic transmission and a twin traction rear end. Could anyone tell me about this car and would the engine (what size is it?) ,transmission, steering column and rear end fit in a champ pickup? also are the front doors the same as a champ?

Thanks Tim

I can help with some info... but I'm certainly no expert!

The engine serial # indicates a 259 V8 motor and while you could likely use the engine and transmission in a Champ, the steering column won't work without a lot of modification as the Lark and Champ had very different front end suspension and steering in 1960. The Champ has the same doors as a '59 or '60 4 door Lark, so if the wagons had the same front doors as the 4 drs. - you're good to go there. I do not think the axle dimensions make that swap possible, but if the axle is a model #44, that part could interchange with a 1/2 ton Champ.

By the way, welcome to the Forum! [8D] Hopefully you are a member of the SDC which will be very helpful as it sounds like you have a substantial project to work on. Post some pics of the wagon and truck when you have a chance.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

I can help with some info... but I'm certainly no expert!

The engine serial # indicates a 259 V8 motor and while you could likely use the engine and transmission in a Champ, the steering column won't work without a lot of modification as the Lark and Champ had very different front end suspension and steering in 1960. The Champ has the same doors as a '59 or '60 4 door Lark, so if the wagons had the same front doors as the 4 drs. - you're good to go there. I do not think the axle dimensions make that swap possible, but if the axle is a model #44, that part could interchange with a 1/2 ton Champ.

By the way, welcome to the Forum! [8D] Hopefully you are a member of the SDC which will be very helpful as it sounds like you have a substantial project to work on. Post some pics of the wagon and truck when you have a chance.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
      X