This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prettiest Studebaker

Any of you have a picture of the prettiest Studebaker you've ever seen? Doesn't have to belong to you. Here's the prettiest Stude that's not a truck that I have ever seen:

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Don't have a pic, but in my book it would be Dick Steinkamp's "S2D" - there's just something about the early C-Ks that just works. A very very close second would be that black President business coupe that was up on eBay a while back.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Don't have a pic, but in my book it would be Dick Steinkamp's "S2D" - there's just something about the early C-Ks that just works. A very very close second would be that black President business coupe that was up on eBay a while back.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

A friend of mine owned this cream 53 Commander hardtop with a dark blue top, when I was in high school. I always thought it was the best looking Studebaker I had ever seen. I have never see4n another one exactly like it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, centralvirginiachapter.org

Comment

A friend of mine owned this cream 53 Commander hardtop with a dark blue top, when I was in high school. I always thought it was the best looking Studebaker I had ever seen. I have never see4n another one exactly like it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, centralvirginiachapter.org

Comment

I think that most people will respond with a C-K, including myself.

Though perhaps the most beautiful Stude I've ever seen has to be this '58 Golden Hawk, owning to some friends in the Atlanta, GA area.
            BTW, I can say from first hand experience that it drives just as good as it looks.

They also just bought a gorgeous lemon/lime '55 Speedster as well.

Comment

I think that most people will respond with a C-K, including myself.

Though perhaps the most beautiful Stude I've ever seen has to be this '58 Golden Hawk, owning to some friends in the Atlanta, GA area.
              BTW, I can say from first hand experience that it drives just as good as it looks.

They also just bought a gorgeous lemon/lime '55 Speedster as well.

Comment

Man, those are both BEE-UTIFUL Hawks! That first one, I've seen Larks that color but never Hawks...it IS striking!! Wow, a Hawk that's not white, black, or red!!!!

That Golden Hawk is striking too...'58's you hardly ever see, and again a really pretty, different color. Was that on the back cover of a TW some time back? I think maybe. Wow, nice house in the background too.

OK, I haven't seen a real car like this, but I always thought I would just die at the opportunity to own a Jet Green '64 GT with Black Sports Roof and wire wheel covers, as shown in the multi-page '64 Stude ad I have hanging on my office wall.

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Man, those are both BEE-UTIFUL Hawks! That first one, I've seen Larks that color but never Hawks...it IS striking!! Wow, a Hawk that's not white, black, or red!!!!

That Golden Hawk is striking too...'58's you hardly ever see, and again a really pretty, different color. Was that on the back cover of a TW some time back? I think maybe. Wow, nice house in the background too.

OK, I haven't seen a real car like this, but I always thought I would just die at the opportunity to own a Jet Green '64 GT with Black Sports Roof and wire wheel covers, as shown in the multi-page '64 Stude ad I have hanging on my office wall.

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Yes, that Golden Hawk was on the cover of TW a few years back. I'm not sure of the date though. I do know that the background in NYC with the twin towers. The current owners have only had it a couple of years. The color is white and Park Green I think.

Just for the heck of it, here's a few nice ones I have on my computer.

I apologize to you dial up guys.

Yes, I know they're a little big, but it's worth it. [8D]

Dr. Cade's '53 Commander HT

S2D

A friend's '54 Commander HT

Rex Miltonburger's (sp?) '31 President Speedway roadster.

Comment

Yes, that Golden Hawk was on the cover of TW a few years back. I'm not sure of the date though. I do know that the background in NYC with the twin towers. The current owners have only had it a couple of years. The color is white and Park Green I think.

Just for the heck of it, here's a few nice ones I have on my computer.

I apologize to you dial up guys.

Yes, I know they're a little big, but it's worth it. [8D]

Dr. Cade's '53 Commander HT

S2D

A friend's '54 Commander HT

Rex Miltonburger's (sp?) '31 President Speedway roadster.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH

My memory is failing me, but is the Jet Green the very dark '64 green? If so, a friend of mine bought the car that you want NEW. It was/is a '64 Hawk in dark green with the black canopy and wire wheel covers, plus other things like Powershift AT. He drove it for special use (not everyday) for many years. In the late '70s-early '80s, he sold it to someone (I believe) in the mid-Atlantic area.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH

My memory is failing me, but is the Jet Green the very dark '64 green? If so, a friend of mine bought the car that you want NEW. It was/is a '64 Hawk in dark green with the black canopy and wire wheel covers, plus other things like Powershift AT. He drove it for special use (not everyday) for many years. In the late '70s-early '80s, he sold it to someone (I believe) in the mid-Atlantic area.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sorry to get off topic, but I just wanted to compliment Matthew on his latest signature photo. It has all the South Georgia elements (water, sandy soil, trees with what appears to be spanish moss hanging from them), and your truck looks like a faithful dog, leaning with its head cocked to one side.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon
                            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Sorry to get off topic, but I just wanted to compliment Matthew on his latest signature photo. It has all the South Georgia elements (water, sandy soil, trees with what appears to be spanish moss hanging from them), and your truck looks like a faithful dog, leaning with its head cocked to one side.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X