This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brave soul!

Saw this ad on e-Bay for a '61 4 door Lark with an opening bid of $49.00. No complaints on the ad, but the owner has the car loaded on what appears to be little more than a converted single axle boat trailer that is sagging front and rear. Glad I am not sharing the road with him! [8D]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"
    Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Man, look up "rough" in the dictionary and that Lark would be pictured next to it. Tickled me that he says he's put a "brand new" bias ply tire on it to match the other 3! Bet that was one expensive tire or it's been hiding on the top floor of some old tire dealer's place.
    I've got a single axle trailer I use to haul cars locally. I wouldn't go on the interstate with it, but below 50MPH..... [}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man, look up "rough" in the dictionary and that Lark would be pictured next to it. Tickled me that he says he's put a "brand new" bias ply tire on it to match the other 3! Bet that was one expensive tire or it's been hiding on the top floor of some old tire dealer's place.
      I've got a single axle trailer I use to haul cars locally. I wouldn't go on the interstate with it, but below 50MPH..... [}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Tickled me that he says he's put a "brand new" bias ply tire on it to match the other 3! Bet that was one expensive tire or it's been hiding on the top floor of some old tire dealer's place.
        I'll be damned if I see a new tire anywhere. Still one flat on the car and the rest look like they have 30 years of dirt on them. Perhaps it is unmounted and he is using it for a back seat. [}]

1946 M-16 fire truck
        1948 M-16 grain truck
        1949 2R16A grain truck
        1949 2R17A fire truck
        1955 E-38 grain truck
        1957 3E-40 flatbed
        1961 6E-28 grain truck
        1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
        1964 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Tickled me that he says he's put a "brand new" bias ply tire on it to match the other 3! Bet that was one expensive tire or it's been hiding on the top floor of some old tire dealer's place.
          I'll be damned if I see a new tire anywhere. Still one flat on the car and the rest look like they have 30 years of dirt on them. Perhaps it is unmounted and he is using it for a back seat. [}]

1946 M-16 fire truck
          1948 M-16 grain truck
          1949 2R16A grain truck
          1949 2R17A fire truck
          1955 E-38 grain truck
          1957 3E-40 flatbed
          1961 6E-28 grain truck
          1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
          1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
          1964 Cruiser

Comment

Wow, that's really too bad this Lark was not properly stored! It is actually way rarer than most 4drs. They sold very few Regal '61 and '62's ! Note the pleated door panels, and roof "C" pillar Lark emblem! These cars had really beautiful interiors[^] This car was very well equipped, (except for the 6 cyl. and Auto.) Has Radio, Heater, Clock, looks like windshield washers and Cig. liter also!
            I always thought that Stude. made a mistake by not making the exterior trim on the '61-'62 Lark Regals more noticeable like they did on '59-'60. Hardly anyone ever can tell from the outside that you have a premium interior and carpeting etc. with no outside idication at all. The '62s' have a drip rail moulding, same grille, headlights etc. as Deluxe making it not worth the money, in a day and age of "look at me I am driving a cool car" you wanted it to be noticed ! so very few were sold.
            Lets all sob togather now, for this poor car and for Studebaker...one, two, three...GO

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Saw this ad on e-Bay for a '61 4 door Lark with an opening bid of $49.00. No complaints on the ad, but the owner has the car loaded on what appears to be little more than a converted single axle boat trailer that is sagging front and rear. Glad I am not sharing the road with him! [8D]

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wow, that's really too bad this Lark was not properly stored! It is actually way rarer than most 4drs. They sold very few Regal '61 and '62's ! Note the pleated door panels, and roof "C" pillar Lark emblem! These cars had really beautiful interiors[^] This car was very well equipped, (except for the 6 cyl. and Auto.) Has Radio, Heater, Clock, looks like windshield washers and Cig. liter also!
              I always thought that Stude. made a mistake by not making the exterior trim on the '61-'62 Lark Regals more noticeable like they did on '59-'60. Hardly anyone ever can tell from the outside that you have a premium interior and carpeting etc. with no outside idication at all. The '62s' have a drip rail moulding, same grille, headlights etc. as Deluxe making it not worth the money, in a day and age of "look at me I am driving a cool car" you wanted it to be noticed ! so very few were sold.
              Lets all sob togather now, for this poor car and for Studebaker...one, two, three...GO

quote:Originally posted by Guido

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I always thought that Stude. made a mistake by not making the exterior trim on the '61-'62 Lark Regals more noticeable like they did on '59-'60. Hardly anyone ever can tell from the outside that you have a premium interior and carpeting etc. with no outside idication at all.

Remember, the Cruiser was introduced for 1961 which became the top model. Therefore, I can see the Regal being de-emphasized somewhat with less trim than '59 or '60. Sort of a repeat of what happened in 1957 when the President gave up some of its extra glitter it had in 1956 to make the '57 Packard look more upscale.

Craig.

Comment

I always thought that Stude. made a mistake by not making the exterior trim on the '61-'62 Lark Regals more noticeable like they did on '59-'60. Hardly anyone ever can tell from the outside that you have a premium interior and carpeting etc. with no outside idication at all.

Remember, the Cruiser was introduced for 1961 which became the top model. Therefore, I can see the Regal being de-emphasized somewhat with less trim than '59 or '60. Sort of a repeat of what happened in 1957 when the President gave up some of its extra glitter it had in 1956 to make the '57 Packard look more upscale.

Craig.

Comment

This one on craigslist denver sounds better, although no photo:

1961 Studebaker Lark VIII - $2000

Date: 2006-08-03, 11:18PM MDT

1961 Studebaker Lark V8 77,000 original miles, all original, Light green. 3 speed trans, Twin traction Diff. Tube radio works. Needs windshield it is cracked. New tires and wheels, new shocks, new brakes and fuel pump. This is a nice running Studebaker. Car can be seen in Nederland. Ron 303.258.0500

50 2R10
                    Colorado

Comment

This one on craigslist denver sounds better, although no photo:

1961 Studebaker Lark VIII - $2000

Date: 2006-08-03, 11:18PM MDT

1961 Studebaker Lark V8 77,000 original miles, all original, Light green. 3 speed trans, Twin traction Diff. Tube radio works. Needs windshield it is cracked. New tires and wheels, new shocks, new brakes and fuel pump. This is a nice running Studebaker. Car can be seen in Nederland. Ron 303.258.0500

50 2R10
                      Colorado

Comment

I've only seen one 61 with those roof pillar badges...they are cool . That car I seen was in Yipsalanti orphan car show a couple years ago.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I've only seen one 61 with those roof pillar badges...they are cool . That car I seen was in Yipsalanti orphan car show a couple years ago.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Don't you love E-Bayers that ask "has it got a title card?" when the last sentence in his description said "It has a title card"
                            I suppose his next question might be,"Could it be driven the 2000 miles to my place without any problems?"

Comment

Don't you love E-Bayers that ask "has it got a title card?" when the last sentence in his description said "It has a title card"
                              I suppose his next question might be,"Could it be driven the 2000 miles to my place without any problems?"

Comment

Working...
                              X