Sad Newspaper Article 42 Years Ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Newspaper Article 42 Years Ago

I saved this newspaper clipping from the Richmond Times Dispatch from March 1966.

I enlarged the text so you can read it.

Leonard Shepherd

Found another article from the Wall Street journal.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Found another article from the Wall Street journal.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Not Studebaker related, but an interesting article in the same issue of the Richmond Times Dispatch about AMC.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Not Studebaker related, but an interesting article in the same issue of the Richmond Times Dispatch about AMC.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Interesting that the Richmond paper couldn't even scare up a photo of a 1961 DeSoto for their article, Leonard; that's a 1960 in the photo! [:0] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Interesting that the Richmond paper couldn't even scare up a photo of a 1961 DeSoto for their article, Leonard; that's a 1960 in the photo! [:0] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Leonard Thanks for posting these as it indeed was a sad day in history.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Leonard Thanks for posting these as it indeed was a sad day in history.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Interesting read, Thank you Leonard for posting.

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

Interesting read, Thank you Leonard for posting.

Randy_G
                      1959 Lark Sedan
                      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote: Interesting that the Richmond paper couldn't even scare up a photo of a 1961 DeSoto for their article, Leonard; that's a 1960 in the photo! BP
                        At least they put the correct picture of a Studebaker! Maybe they thought the front of a 61 DeSoto was just too ugly to put in the paper! [}]

quote:Len, You continue to amaze me with the variety of "stuff" you have on file - and better yet your ability to find specific items with ease.
                        Mark
                        Sometimes I can find things, but most of the time, I believe I know where something is because I have just seen it recently, but for the life of me, I can't find it! [xx(]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote: Interesting that the Richmond paper couldn't even scare up a photo of a 1961 DeSoto for their article, Leonard; that's a 1960 in the photo! BP
                          At least they put the correct picture of a Studebaker! Maybe they thought the front of a 61 DeSoto was just too ugly to put in the paper! [}]

quote:Len, You continue to amaze me with the variety of "stuff" you have on file - and better yet your ability to find specific items with ease.
                          Mark
                          Sometimes I can find things, but most of the time, I believe I know where something is because I have just seen it recently, but for the life of me, I can't find it! [xx(]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Len, You continue to amaze me with the variety of "stuff" you have on file - and better yet your ability to find specific items with ease. [8D] [^]

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar
                            3E-6/7-122
                            </h5>
                            Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander

Comment

Len, You continue to amaze me with the variety of "stuff" you have on file - and better yet your ability to find specific items with ease. [8D] [^]

<h5>Mark
                              '57 Transtar
                              3E-6/7-122
                              </h5>
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X