A lowley coupe for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lowley coupe for you

Seller wants to see it the Salts...probably because it is air dynamic...

Won't you bid and rectify it's lowleyness?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Haha, I can't believe people don't proof their ads. BTW, the wheels are worth more than the opening bid; no wonder they don't go with the car. They are '65 Mustang Styled Steel wheels. Back in the very early 89's, I traded 3 or 4 of them for a FE series T-bird 3-2bbl setup complete with air cleaner (but minus fuel rail). I was - and still am - happy with the trade.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Haha, I can't believe people don't proof their ads. BTW, the wheels are worth more than the opening bid; no wonder they don't go with the car. They are '65 Mustang Styled Steel wheels. Back in the very early 89's, I traded 3 or 4 of them for a FE series T-bird 3-2bbl setup complete with air cleaner (but minus fuel rail). I was - and still am - happy with the trade.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

I know... any dummy knows it's supposed to be LOWERY coupe!!

Another cringe-causer: The misuse of a/an: When the following word begins with a vowel it's ALWAYS "an", not "a"! Example: A car, AN apple...

There really is no excuse for not proof-reading a listing... this one was kind of funny in that they made all those errors while trying to sound tough on the terms[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I know... any dummy knows it's supposed to be LOWERY coupe!!

Another cringe-causer: The misuse of a/an: When the following word begins with a vowel it's ALWAYS "an", not "a"! Example: A car, AN apple...

There really is no excuse for not proof-reading a listing... this one was kind of funny in that they made all those errors while trying to sound tough on the terms[)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Not every ad can be PISTINE. [)]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Not every ad can be PISTINE. [)]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

You really don't have to take it out to the salt! [:0]

It's already been well SALTED!![:0]

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You really don't have to take it out to the salt! [:0]

It's already been well SALTED!![:0]

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm not a big proprietor of being the spelling or the grammar police, but this is too funny to pass up. That and its an "Oh c'mon" kinda ad, lol....

Let's see the man who designed the car also designed the coke bottle, S and Q Pennsy engines, the postage stamp and etcetera, so that would be the Lowely coke bottle, the Lowely S and Q Pennsy engines, and the Lowely postage stamp [)]......

That air dynamic(play on dynamic brakes) must be under the trunk which helps slow the car down on a hill. I really would have rather had it be aerodynamic than have an air dynamic myself.....

I don't know if I want to do business with a bussiness(I think thats bussy-ness). I'd rather do business with a business myself [)]......

I won't comment on the 4 cylinder, but I would love to know when they show Speed Week on Speed [?]

I don't try to pay too much attention to misspelled words, but when the topic starts looking like a bad version of the Ad-Libs activity I did when I was younger, and changes the meaning of the story, I just gotta reply, lol......

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I'm not a big proprietor of being the spelling or the grammar police, but this is too funny to pass up. That and its an "Oh c'mon" kinda ad, lol....

Let's see the man who designed the car also designed the coke bottle, S and Q Pennsy engines, the postage stamp and etcetera, so that would be the Lowely coke bottle, the Lowely S and Q Pennsy engines, and the Lowely postage stamp [)]......

That air dynamic(play on dynamic brakes) must be under the trunk which helps slow the car down on a hill. I really would have rather had it be aerodynamic than have an air dynamic myself.....

I don't know if I want to do business with a bussiness(I think thats bussy-ness). I'd rather do business with a business myself [)]......

I won't comment on the 4 cylinder, but I would love to know when they show Speed Week on Speed [?]

I don't try to pay too much attention to misspelled words, but when the topic starts looking like a bad version of the Ad-Libs activity I did when I was younger, and changes the meaning of the story, I just gotta reply, lol......

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                      [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

No, nobody's perfect. Being an excellent speller is just a quirk of nature. I'm one of those- won all the spelling bees in school, never need spell check, etc. And I've never been much for studying. When I was in school most teachers hated me because I was a poor student, and they'd just be salivating at test time thinking I'd learn the hard way, only to be dismayed when I aced the tests.

Contrast that with my high school senior son; straight A, high honor student, 128 IQ, but can not spell a lick! He's worked SO hard over the years, tutors and everything else, but nothing has helped. He's learned to compensate by keeping spell check closeby.

The point is: Bad spellers don't bother me; it's not a problem. But it does jump out at me when someone is being argumentative, or trying to sound tough or stern, as in this listing. I've taught my son to accept and recognize that spelling is a weak area for him, and the solution for it is to accept that and make constant use of that spellcheck!

All this seller had to do was copy and paste the finished text of his listing into spellcheck. Don't know why people who are trying to sell an item just can't be bothered to do this[|)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

No, nobody's perfect. Being an excellent speller is just a quirk of nature. I'm one of those- won all the spelling bees in school, never need spell check, etc. And I've never been much for studying. When I was in school most teachers hated me because I was a poor student, and they'd just be salivating at test time thinking I'd learn the hard way, only to be dismayed when I aced the tests.

Contrast that with my high school senior son; straight A, high honor student, 128 IQ, but can not spell a lick! He's worked SO hard over the years, tutors and everything else, but nothing has helped. He's learned to compensate by keeping spell check closeby.

The point is: Bad spellers don't bother me; it's not a problem. But it does jump out at me when someone is being argumentative, or trying to sound tough or stern, as in this listing. I've taught my son to accept and recognize that spelling is a weak area for him, and the solution for it is to accept that and make constant use of that spellcheck!

All this seller had to do was copy and paste the finished text of his listing into spellcheck. Don't know why people who are trying to sell an item just can't be bothered to do this[|)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wel, ef your a reely bad speler, you dont no that you made misteaks.

Seriously, that's true. But if a person makes it to adulthood, and goes into business, one would think they would be smart enough to recognize that they had a spelling handicap, and compensate by having another person proof-read their ad copy. Spell-check is good at catching typos, but it totally misses usage errors, like the third word of my opening line in this post.

When I see an eBay ad written that badly, I tend to think the seller really doesn't care a whole lot about what he's doing.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Wel, ef your a reely bad speler, you dont no that you made misteaks.

Seriously, that's true. But if a person makes it to adulthood, and goes into business, one would think they would be smart enough to recognize that they had a spelling handicap, and compensate by having another person proof-read their ad copy. Spell-check is good at catching typos, but it totally misses usage errors, like the third word of my opening line in this post.

When I see an eBay ad written that badly, I tend to think the seller really doesn't care a whole lot about what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X