64 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Hawk

The Nada book is almost 33,000.00 ??? A nice car but some one must be jacking up the Nada prices.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Your link goes to a news story about troops loosing hearing, but...

I have also found NADA prices to be next to worthless on Studebakers. Some are way too high and some way too low (IMHO). Here's their web site for Studebakers....

run a couple and see what you think.

I'd say their low would be the same as OCPG #4, average would be OCPG #3, and high would be OCPG #2.

Old Cars Price Guide is generally a tad low, but at least fairly consistently so.

I would guess that NADA just doesn't get enough data to be accurate and that they don't manipulate the data they do get (throw out the outliers, talk to knowledgeable car people, etc.).

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Your link goes to a news story about troops loosing hearing, but...

I have also found NADA prices to be next to worthless on Studebakers. Some are way too high and some way too low (IMHO). Here's their web site for Studebakers....

run a couple and see what you think.

I'd say their low would be the same as OCPG #4, average would be OCPG #3, and high would be OCPG #2.

Old Cars Price Guide is generally a tad low, but at least fairly consistently so.

I would guess that NADA just doesn't get enough data to be accurate and that they don't manipulate the data they do get (throw out the outliers, talk to knowledgeable car people, etc.).

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

NADA retail book on a show 64 GT with AC is 27K, which I think is ball park value. Isn't the 64 on ebay the one with the mouse motor though ? BTW, again, tell me which NADA values you think need adjusting. As a NADA adviser, you can help me adjust values when I make my quarterly reports on sale prices.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
        63 Lark 2 door
        57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

NADA retail book on a show 64 GT with AC is 27K, which I think is ball park value. Isn't the 64 on ebay the one with the mouse motor though ? BTW, again, tell me which NADA values you think need adjusting. As a NADA adviser, you can help me adjust values when I make my quarterly reports on sale prices.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
          63 Lark 2 door
          57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

If you had a couple of hours, JDP, it might be worth it to go through the whole list. Maybe even take a year or two a month. You would know best where things are out of line. I just ran a few and this is what I got...all are their "high" retail which I believe would be OCPG #2.

'58 Golden Hawk $29,400
            '58 V8 Silver Hawk $29,800
            (I would guess a Golden Hawk would be worth substantially more than a Silver Hawk...and I've NEVER seen a Silver Hawk bring $29.8)

'62 Lark Regal 4 door sedan $12,000
            (We WISH [:0])

'55 Commander Hardtop (not Speedster) $26,400
            '53 Commander Starliner $18,000
            (50% premium for a '55 over a '53?)

These are the only 5 cars I ran. Run a few yourself. See what you think.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

If you had a couple of hours, JDP, it might be worth it to go through the whole list. Maybe even take a year or two a month. You would know best where things are out of line. I just ran a few and this is what I got...all are their "high" retail which I believe would be OCPG #2.

'58 Golden Hawk $29,400
              '58 V8 Silver Hawk $29,800
              (I would guess a Golden Hawk would be worth substantially more than a Silver Hawk...and I've NEVER seen a Silver Hawk bring $29.8)

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:[i]and I've NEVER seen a Silver Hawk bring $29.8)

Sorry, I corrected the link in the first post.
                Dick, does the above mean that for example- one 1953 Hdtp sells for 50,000.00, that that figure is now the NADA book price? doesn't make sense to me if the market as a whole is not backing up what one or two buyers spend. Market value is what I am thinking about and usually why one goes to the NADA price book for assessing value.
                64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

quote:[i]and I've NEVER seen a Silver Hawk bring $29.8)

Sorry, I corrected the link in the first post.
                  Dick, does the above mean that for example- one 1953 Hdtp sells for 50,000.00, that that figure is now the NADA book price? doesn't make sense to me if the market as a whole is not backing up what one or two buyers spend. Market value is what I am thinking about and usually why one goes to the NADA price book for assessing value.
                  64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Kdancy

I really don't know. I have heard that the NADA book is based on actual sales and that JDP is one of the contributors, but I'm sure he isn't providing info on $12,000 4 door Lark sales to them .

On the eBay Hawk, NADA is showing a high value of $27k like JDP posted. I don't know where the seller is getting $33k. IMHO, even $27k would be a stretch for this car. I'd say if he got his opening bid, he would probably be doing good...and then you are taking the chance that the engine compartment and undercarriage isn't totally trashed since there are no pictures of them

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Kdancy

I really don't know. I have heard that the NADA book is based on actual sales and that JDP is one of the contributors, but I'm sure he isn't providing info on $12,000 4 door Lark sales to them .

On the eBay Hawk, NADA is showing a high value of $27k like JDP posted. I don't know where the seller is getting $33k. IMHO, even $27k would be a stretch for this car. I'd say if he got his opening bid, he would probably be doing good...and then you are taking the chance that the engine compartment and undercarriage isn't totally trashed since there are no pictures of them

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Maybe I'm thinking of another car, but I swore the last time it was listed it was "upgraded" a mouse motor. No mention this time though. BTW thanks for the NADA input, I'll get them to correct the Silver Hawk. Someone must have reported a high priced Silver Hawk sale more recently then a Golden.

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,839.60
                        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Maybe I'm thinking of another car, but I swore the last time it was listed it was "upgraded" a mouse motor. No mention this time though. BTW thanks for the NADA input, I'll get them to correct the Silver Hawk. Someone must have reported a high priced Silver Hawk sale more recently then a Golden.

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,839.60
                          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

What a crook, it is the same car, but minus the mouse motor pictures and any mention of it unless I missed it. Here's the old listing:

If someone does bid and win, they are going to be ticked off if they thought they were buying a stock car.

JDP/Maryland
                            64 R2 GT (Sid)
                            spent to date $62,839.60
                            63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                            63 Lark 2 door
                            57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

What a crook, it is the same car, but minus the mouse motor pictures and any mention of it unless I missed it. Here's the old listing:

If someone does bid and win, they are going to be ticked off if they thought they were buying a stock car.

JDP/Maryland
                              64 R2 GT (Sid)
                              spent to date $62,839.60
                              63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                              63 Lark 2 door
                              57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X