47 Champion front weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 Champion front weights

OK, It's a "ragtop thing" but, I've located a 47 Chapion ragtop, that is almost 100% complete. EXCEPT for the added weights in the front end, has a smaller leaf spring and the 2 weights. Are these avaialbe? I'm assuming that they will be ragtop only. Are they needed to counter balance the movement on the front end?

If they are not available, how hard would they be to fabricate? I have not seen the car and or these weights. Anybody have any pictures?

Jim (I do NOT need another ragtop) Turner
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Does this mean that you will be selling Bob's (I mean your) Avanti to finance it?

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Does this mean that you will be selling Bob's (I mean your) Avanti to finance it?

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Would they possibly be the same as a Lark ragtop or Wagonaire?

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Larks have the weights bolted to the front body panel, and a brace off the panel. and they are a ***** to get in and lined up! (by yourself) <G> I've not seen the 47 set up, but have been told it has a small leaf spring and brackets. Just some dimendsions and a photo or two wiuld help recreate one.
            Bob no longer has my Avanti as colateral! <G> paid the loan shark off last week! <G> and bought his lunch!
            I "retired" from running a large multi dealer collision center for now. We're going to see how we do on brake kits in keeing uo with the costs of running a household. and keeping the bills paid before I decide what I want to do,
            I;d like to sell the house, downsize sq. ft. and get a bigger garage! Just need the right place to come along, once it does, we'll be moving on out.
            My thoughts are to keep Momma working for the health ins, and me piddle around on restorations and services. Charge a fair $$ per hour and actual time on the job. I could even use a paint booth on weedkends to get color on.
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Larks have the weights bolted to the front body panel, and a brace off the panel. and they are a ***** to get in and lined up! (by yourself) <G> I've not seen the 47 set up, but have been told it has a small leaf spring and brackets. Just some dimendsions and a photo or two wiuld help recreate one.
              Bob no longer has my Avanti as colateral! <G> paid the loan shark off last week! <G> and bought his lunch!
              I "retired" from running a large multi dealer collision center for now. We're going to see how we do on brake kits in keeing uo with the costs of running a household. and keeping the bills paid before I decide what I want to do,
              I;d like to sell the house, downsize sq. ft. and get a bigger garage! Just need the right place to come along, once it does, we'll be moving on out.
              My thoughts are to keep Momma working for the health ins, and me piddle around on restorations and services. Charge a fair $$ per hour and actual time on the job. I could even use a paint booth on weedkends to get color on.

their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

You mean Wagonaires have weights in them? If so I'll have to check mine...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

You mean Wagonaires have weights in them? If so I'll have to check mine...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

They sure do Bob. Look on the front grille panel on each side, behind the bumper. From the front side you should see two bolts per side holding them in place.

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

They sure do Bob. Look on the front grille panel on each side, behind the bumper. From the front side you should see two bolts per side holding them in place.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Hey Jim, I've got a plan- move out here! Got about 90 acres here, licensed junkyard, and already got a 30x44 garage and planning a 40x80 addition with lifts and a paint booth... plenty of room for expansion, good road, 3 miles off the Interstate......

Come on out, put in a house, and help me build a classic car lover's compound[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Hey Jim, I've got a plan- move out here! Got about 90 acres here, licensed junkyard, and already got a 30x44 garage and planning a 40x80 addition with lifts and a paint booth... plenty of room for expansion, good road, 3 miles off the Interstate......

Come on out, put in a house, and help me build a classic car lover's compound[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Jim,

Bondo's been looking for a pair of these weights for as long as I can recall! I'm sure you could fab some if you could find a car that has them to copy.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Jim,

Bondo's been looking for a pair of these weights for as long as I can recall! I'm sure you could fab some if you could find a car that has them to copy.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X