PDA

View Full Version : Stude Folks in Legendary Ford magazine!

BobPalma
03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
[:0] The beautiful March/April 2008 issue of Legendary Ford magazine is now on newsstands.

Legendary Ford columnist Tom Shaw (Page 9, January 2008 Turning Wheels) references my Technical Editorship of "The Studebaker Driver's [sic] Club magazine Turning Wheels" when quoting me extensively in his interesting last-page editorial about the 1960 352/360 Ford high-performance engine. (His quote was pulled, with permission, from Page 32 of the March 1995 Turning Wheels.)

SDC member John Feistritzer's famous 312/300HP, supercharged 1957 Fairlane Tudor (Page 30, February 2002 Turning Wheels) appears no less than three times in this issue of Legendary Ford; twice in big pictures, one with a paragraph of text, and once in a small one. (John may be seen among other SDCers on Page 15 of the January 2008 Turning Wheels.)

EDIT: I was just reminded that fellow Ford enthusiast Frank Rice recently joined SDC to get Turning Wheels and got his first copy last week. He reports it being "one of the best club publications I've ever seen!" Frank's pretty, red & black 1957 Ford Custom 300 Tudor, also a 300/312 car, is also seen in many magazines, including the new Legendary Ford referenced here. Many SDCers have seen it run at The Pure Stock Drags, too.

So that makes three known SDCers referenced in this March/April issue of Legendary Ford!

Congrats, John and Frank; we've gotta' keep these McCulloch-supercharged '57s in front of the public, even if they do say Ford on them! ;)[:0]:D BP

Bill Pressler
03-07-2008, 08:49 AM
That's good news, Bob!

Grew up in a Chevy family, but to this day, a sharp, stock '56, '57, or '58 Ford will stop me in my tracks! (I know the '55's are much like the '56's, but I think the small details of the '56 are so much nicer.)

At the car corral at Hershey several years ago, there was a black and red '57 Fairlane 500 two-door sedan. Extremely sharp. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a supercharged version. The red and black on those cars is striking.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Bill Pressler
03-07-2008, 08:49 AM
That's good news, Bob!

Grew up in a Chevy family, but to this day, a sharp, stock '56, '57, or '58 Ford will stop me in my tracks! (I know the '55's are much like the '56's, but I think the small details of the '56 are so much nicer.)

At the car corral at Hershey several years ago, there was a black and red '57 Fairlane 500 two-door sedan. Extremely sharp. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a supercharged version. The red and black on those cars is striking.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

jnewkirk77
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Nice to know I'm not the only Ford man with Studebaker tendencies (or is that Studebaker man with Ford tendencies?). Of course, even if I sunk a fortune into a complete resto of my pickup (which I won't), it'd be a thousand years before anyone even mentioned it in the same breath as John & Frank's '57s. If then!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

jnewkirk77
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Nice to know I'm not the only Ford man with Studebaker tendencies (or is that Studebaker man with Ford tendencies?). Of course, even if I sunk a fortune into a complete resto of my pickup (which I won't), it'd be a thousand years before anyone even mentioned it in the same breath as John & Frank's '57s. If then!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!