Fire truck values?? Pictures Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire truck values?? Pictures Now

I've come across a 47 Stude fire truck. Looks to be a 1.5-2 truck. Supposed to be all original in pretty good shape. It has under 5000 miles on it. What would be a likely range in price? Is there much demand?

I'll try to get some pictures to post.

I know that Guido has a couple of these so hope he will chime in.

Thanks for your input,

Rob

Rob,

I currently have 2, one a 1946 M-16 with 2,349 miles and a '49 2R17A with 5682 miles. The advantages of owning a fire truck are that they are typically low mileage, been stored inside and well maintained. Obtaining all of the related equipment (hoses, ladders, etc.) can enhance the value.

The down side is there is a limited market for them as they are both large and rather impractical vehicles. There is one currently a 2R for sale in Auburn, CA where the price has been reduced from $3000 to $1500 over a 3 year period without any takers but I have also seen a couple of others go for over $6K.

As time goes on I suspect more people will acquire them for their rust free sheet metal and convert them to other uses. Some additional information and pictures will help with a value.

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Rob,

I currently have 2, one a 1946 M-16 with 2,349 miles and a '49 2R17A with 5682 miles. The advantages of owning a fire truck are that they are typically low mileage, been stored inside and well maintained. Obtaining all of the related equipment (hoses, ladders, etc.) can enhance the value.

The down side is there is a limited market for them as they are both large and rather impractical vehicles. There is one currently a 2R for sale in Auburn, CA where the price has been reduced from $3000 to $1500 over a 3 year period without any takers but I have also seen a couple of others go for over $6K.

As time goes on I suspect more people will acquire them for their rust free sheet metal and convert them to other uses. Some additional information and pictures will help with a value.

Gary

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll have pictures in the next couple of days.

Rob

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll have pictures in the next couple of days.

Rob

Comment

Hello folks,

What kind of price range would you expect this to have now that you can see it? Looks to be in good condition. Appreciate your input!

The biggest killer would be shipping. It would be about 900 miles.

Gary,

Any idea of what the folks that haul your tractors would want for such a haul? Could you let me know how to contact them?

Thanks for your input on price and shipping.

Rob

Comment

Hello folks,

What kind of price range would you expect this to have now that you can see it? Looks to be in good condition. Appreciate your input!

The biggest killer would be shipping. It would be about 900 miles.

Gary,

Any idea of what the folks that haul your tractors would want for such a haul? Could you let me know how to contact them?

Thanks for your input on price and shipping.

Rob

Comment

Rob,

I think that this is the same truck that was offered for sale in TW last year (see the May issue). They requested sealed bids and think that they got a total of 14. Subsequently they decided to go back to the top three bidders and told them that they needed to submit their final offer. I know what one of the final three offered and can tell you that this truck will not come cheap.

For hauling, go to www.yesterdaystractors.com and scroll down the left side until you see "Hauling Schedule".

Gary

Comment

Rob,

I think that this is the same truck that was offered for sale in TW last year (see the May issue). They requested sealed bids and think that they got a total of 14. Subsequently they decided to go back to the top three bidders and told them that they needed to submit their final offer. I know what one of the final three offered and can tell you that this truck will not come cheap.

For hauling, go to www.yesterdaystractors.com and scroll down the left side until you see "Hauling Schedule".

Gary

Comment

I just got my 48 M-16 1 1/2 Ton grain truck hauled from MN to NY... 1160 miles, $840. I had quotes as high as $2700, but using the site Gary mentioned worked great!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I just got my 48 M-16 1 1/2 Ton grain truck hauled from MN to NY... 1160 miles, $840. I had quotes as high as $2700, but using the site Gary mentioned worked great!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! We'll see what we can do.

Rob

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! We'll see what we can do.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                          X