1960 convertibles...VI, VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 convertibles...VI, VIII

Wondering if anyone ever attempted a 1960 Lark convertible registry? Do we have any idea how many may be extant? Does the club keep separate stats for that answer?

In a word...NO! And ...NO!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

In a word...NO! And ...NO!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, Rich. I know that the question of what Studebaker(s) we own is asked of us when we sign up and renew our SDC membership, but wasn't sure if that information was tallied for all of our usage somewhere...or perhaps even kept by someone statisically useful as the museum and able to share its archives.
        Everyone asks me "how many of those are still around" and I would love to have an actual answer one day. At the very least, how many of our particular vehicles exist within the club should be attainable some day. Seems to me a computer program could be written to pick that up. I guess I could ask for those with a 60VL6 or 60SL6 to chime in here, but that could be a seriously long thread!

Comment

Thanks, Rich. I know that the question of what Studebaker(s) we own is asked of us when we sign up and renew our SDC membership, but wasn't sure if that information was tallied for all of our usage somewhere...or perhaps even kept by someone statisically useful as the museum and able to share its archives.
          Everyone asks me "how many of those are still around" and I would love to have an actual answer one day. At the very least, how many of our particular vehicles exist within the club should be attainable some day. Seems to me a computer program could be written to pick that up. I guess I could ask for those with a 60VL6 or 60SL6 to chime in here, but that could be a seriously long thread!

Comment

I can see it now...

10 years from now, a Registry will exist for every Studebaker model produced.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I can see it now...

10 years from now, a Registry will exist for every Studebaker model produced.

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Which are you going to run Matthew?
                Scotsman truck production, or orange studebakers .com? [)]

Dan
                52 hardtop

Comment

Which are you going to run Matthew?
                  Scotsman truck production, or orange studebakers .com? [)]

Dan
                  52 hardtop

Comment

My '57 E-40 started out Omaha orange but was later repainted blue. [V]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

My '57 E-40 started out Omaha orange but was later repainted blue. [V]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Well, there's Frank's Scotsman Register, so I don't have to do that one. You have the '52 HT's covered, so I guess all that's left for me is '63 Daytona hardtops. And NO, I don't want to start a registry! If anyone else does, I'll gladly send them the numbers.

BTW, Gary, my Orange truck started out as Alaskan Blue, but it was painted Orange in later years.

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Well, there's Frank's Scotsman Register, so I don't have to do that one. You have the '52 HT's covered, so I guess all that's left for me is '63 Daytona hardtops. And NO, I don't want to start a registry! If anyone else does, I'll gladly send them the numbers.

BTW, Gary, my Orange truck started out as Alaskan Blue, but it was painted Orange in later years.

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

No offense to the topic turning orange, and I don't want to start a registry either, but does anyone have a ballpark on how many of those cars are still uncrushed, or out there in the club nationally? I've had three...down to one.

Comment

No offense to the topic turning orange, and I don't want to start a registry either, but does anyone have a ballpark on how many of those cars are still uncrushed, or out there in the club nationally? I've had three...down to one.

Comment

Working...
                              X