• Show
Clear All

• 1 of my 5

Nice Glaspar!
    Does it still have the Stude motor?

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    Tiny, tinyurl, QR codes, url shortener, URL redirect, tinylink
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Chris, If you look at the lettering on the side in front of the drivers door you will see that is a Hellings Victress S1 one of 4 made and the only one with Stude power. Built by Virgil Rice who was the Vice President of AOIA through the 70's and featured in Car Craft, Feb. 1954. It was also in the 1953 movie Johnny Dark and called the Thunderbird. It is still Stude powered.

Comment

Well Alan, aren't you a lucky one?

I've been anxious to see pictures your cars for a while now, and that one is just cool. [^]

Does it still look that good now?

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

No, That pic. was was from a 1954 Hellings brochure. I sent Sonny some pictures from 69 but right now it is getting a new stainless steel frame, 4 wheel disk brakes. Am right in the middle of hanging the rear.

Comment

Sounds like it's gonna be even cooler when you're done with it. [8D]

Now, you have to post a pic of your other 4.

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Oh wow. I'm in love: visually one part Ferrari 375MM, one part MGA, but with a Stude engine up front![:X][:X][:X]

S.

Comment

Working...
              X