PDA

View Full Version : 1934 Studebaker Dictator Engine/Transmission FREE

Johnjb
03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I have a 1934 Dictator six engine and transmission for anyone who want to pick it up--free. The engine (has not run for 30 years) and transmission are still in the car, but the fenders, hood and grill/Radiator have been removed, so removing engine and transmission should be easy. You must pull, so bring a engine hoist. NO OTHER PARTS. Located in Renton Wa

Johnjb
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Last call for the 34 Dictator Engine (and associate pieces, starter, generator, etc) and transmission before I dump it all this weekend.

Johnjb
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Last call for the 34 Dictator Engine (and associate pieces, starter, generator, etc) and transmission before I dump it all this weekend.

8E45E
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Johnjb

How long can you hold on to it if someone puts their hand up for it?

Craig

8E45E
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM

How long can you hold on to it if someone puts their hand up for it?

Craig

gordr
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Let me guess, John, "Patience" is not your middle name, right?

Seriously, whether the offer is to sell, or to give away, it's going to have to be on the table for a little longer than 24 hours if you have any expectation at all of anyone taking you up on it. Not everyone in the club visits this forum every day, and not everyone in this forum has the room or the means to transport and store an engine that they might want to use some day, or save for somebody else.

I'd like to see it saved, but I can't leave my job, hitch up my trailer, and drive 700 miles at the drop of hat. Just can't be done.

IMHO, it would be considerate to allow at least a week or two for people to respond, and then maybe a few more weeks for them to arrange transport. If it's an emergency situation on your part, then say so; that might get you a faster response. People on this forum have moved rapidly in the past when parts or cars were threatened by loss of storage or "county" issues.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

gordr
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Let me guess, John, "Patience" is not your middle name, right?

Seriously, whether the offer is to sell, or to give away, it's going to have to be on the table for a little longer than 24 hours if you have any expectation at all of anyone taking you up on it. Not everyone in the club visits this forum every day, and not everyone in this forum has the room or the means to transport and store an engine that they might want to use some day, or save for somebody else.

I'd like to see it saved, but I can't leave my job, hitch up my trailer, and drive 700 miles at the drop of hat. Just can't be done.

IMHO, it would be considerate to allow at least a week or two for people to respond, and then maybe a few more weeks for them to arrange transport. If it's an emergency situation on your part, then say so; that might get you a faster response. People on this forum have moved rapidly in the past when parts or cars were threatened by loss of storage or "county" issues.

Roscomacaw
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
John,
You posted this when? Two days ago? Do you have any idea of what it would cost to ship that thing? Unless someone's within quick driving range of where you're at, it's gonna take some finagling and figuring to hook up an adopter for your generosity.
We'd LOVE to see it saved. The transmission's probably worth more than the engine, but all of it should be saved. We only ask that you be reasonable in your expectations. Trying to instigate action by threatening to trash it doesn't usually work. :)

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Roscomacaw
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
John,
You posted this when? Two days ago? Do you have any idea of what it would cost to ship that thing? Unless someone's within quick driving range of where you're at, it's gonna take some finagling and figuring to hook up an adopter for your generosity.
We'd LOVE to see it saved. The transmission's probably worth more than the engine, but all of it should be saved. We only ask that you be reasonable in your expectations. Trying to instigate action by threatening to trash it doesn't usually work. :)

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Johnjb
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Guess I was a little too harsh when I said I was going to "dump" the engine and transmission.

Here is the deal---
If someone has 34 or 35 tail light assembly they would trade for the engine, transmission and axle, drive line and other misc. pieces---I would be glad to hold them all for up to 60 days.

Any takers??

Johnjb
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Guess I was a little too harsh when I said I was going to "dump" the engine and transmission.

Here is the deal---
If someone has 34 or 35 tail light assembly they would trade for the engine, transmission and axle, drive line and other misc. pieces---I would be glad to hold them all for up to 60 days.

Any takers??

gordr
03-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your reply, John.

I can tell you the Foothills Chapter of SDC, located in Calgary, has a '35 Dictator sedan parts car. It's pretty much just a shell, now. I don't know if it has a tail light on it. Probably not, but I will take a look, next chance I get.

gordr
03-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your reply, John.

I can tell you the Foothills Chapter of SDC, located in Calgary, has a '35 Dictator sedan parts car. It's pretty much just a shell, now. I don't know if it has a tail light on it. Probably not, but I will take a look, next chance I get.