Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your least favorite...ouch this is going to hurt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your least favorite...ouch this is going to hurt!

I agree about the 58's, but with the exception of the hardtops. The side view, even with the headlight pods is still lovely IMHO.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

I agree about the 58's, but with the exception of the hardtops. The side view, even with the headlight pods is still lovely IMHO.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Your least favorite...ouch this is going to hurt!

Okay, first let me preface this. I LOVE Studebakers!!! ALL of them. That bieng said, I have a ball I would like to toss around.
      Everyone has opintions on their favorite Studes. But let us lay that aside for now, what I think would be fun is to see what everyones least favorite Stude is. Now this is all in fun, it is not intended for bashing someone elses car or anything, or to start arguments, but everyone has a Studebaker at the bottom of their list. For example, I feel that the Avanti is the least favorite of mine. Let me add, however, that I would love to own an Avanti over any other brand X out there. Whether it be a Corvette, or what have you. Do you get the feel I am getting at? I know we like them all, but everyone has at least one at the bottom. Which is yours? and if you want to...tell why. Remember this is all in fun!!

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

Talk about stirring up a hornets nest! (No offense to Hudson fans)
        My least favorite is probably the 1957 sedans with the 56 close behind. Those models may be great cars, but the styling of the front end leaves me cold. I keep trying to imagine a really nice custom upgrade.[}]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Talk about stirring up a hornets nest! (No offense to Hudson fans)
          My least favorite is probably the 1957 sedans with the 56 close behind. Those models may be great cars, but the styling of the front end leaves me cold. I keep trying to imagine a really nice custom upgrade.[}]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Speedster. They took what may well be the most beautiful mass produced American car EVER and ruined it. Yuck.

There ARE uglier Studebakers, but I vote for the Speedster because of what they did to the '53 Starliner.

Comment

The Speedster. They took what may well be the most beautiful mass produced American car EVER and ruined it. Yuck.

There ARE uglier Studebakers, but I vote for the Speedster because of what they did to the '53 Starliner.

Comment

We're not talking abpout a lot of car styles here:
                47-52,
                53-64 C-Ks/Hawks/GTs,
                53-58 sedans/wagons,
                Larks/and their 64-66 offspring,
                Avantis,
                I like them all (I better say that here!)
                But IMHO I do think some Larks were too stripped for their own good.
                Look at the dash boards and some of the other features.
                I look at a Lark dash and compared to my familiy's beloved 63 Rambler Classic, the Lark look like its namesake sounds...cheap, cheap. (Okay that's bad joke but somebody had to do it..)

By saving money on designs they simply weren't competitive with many of the compacts offered by the Big 3 and AMC.
                Studes had good/great dive trains and fine styling, but were let down by a limited budget.

Owning an Avanti, it better be my favorite since I'm about to spend a lot of money on it...JDP are you listening?
                I took mine out this weekend and people love it...a slack-jawed yokel in a Taurus open-mouth stared as we went side by side down the street for 3-4 blocks.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

We're not talking abpout a lot of car styles here:
                  47-52,
                  53-64 C-Ks/Hawks/GTs,
                  53-58 sedans/wagons,
                  Larks/and their 64-66 offspring,
                  Avantis,
                  I like them all (I better say that here!)
                  But IMHO I do think some Larks were too stripped for their own good.
                  Look at the dash boards and some of the other features.
                  I look at a Lark dash and compared to my familiy's beloved 63 Rambler Classic, the Lark look like its namesake sounds...cheap, cheap. (Okay that's bad joke but somebody had to do it..)

By saving money on designs they simply weren't competitive with many of the compacts offered by the Big 3 and AMC.
                  Studes had good/great dive trains and fine styling, but were let down by a limited budget.

Owning an Avanti, it better be my favorite since I'm about to spend a lot of money on it...JDP are you listening?
                  I took mine out this weekend and people love it...a slack-jawed yokel in a Taurus open-mouth stared as we went side by side down the street for 3-4 blocks.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Least favorite would be 42's, 53-55 sedans, 61 Larks.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Least favorite would be 42's, 53-55 sedans, 61 Larks.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

[u]ANY </u> of the '58s. I just hate them, any of them. Except the trucks. As regards the Larks, I don't like the styling past '64, especially the single headlamps in a double headlamp grille.[xx(] Not too fond of the styling of the '55s either. Still, they are tolerable (unlike the '58s).

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

[u]ANY </u> of the '58s. I just hate them, any of them. Except the trucks. As regards the Larks, I don't like the styling past '64, especially the single headlamps in a double headlamp grille.[xx(] Not too fond of the styling of the '55s either. Still, they are tolerable (unlike the '58s).

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My least favorite would have to be the '47-'49 Champion. Ever seen one from the side? The stubby front end does not mate well with the nice, flowing lines from the cowl, back to the tail. It is immediately evident there were two opposing designers (Loewy & Assoiciates vs. Virgil Exner) that did the project.

Craig

Comment

My least favorite would have to be the '47-'49 Champion. Ever seen one from the side? The stubby front end does not mate well with the nice, flowing lines from the cowl, back to the tail. It is immediately evident there were two opposing designers (Loewy & Assoiciates vs. Virgil Exner) that did the project.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X