Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Sports Sedan at York

Saw this 65 Daytona Sports Sedan at York:

While this one was totally rusted inside and out- WAY beyond any saving- I found that I really liked the Daytona 2DSD with a vinyl top [8D] I'm sure some will disagree

This was a 283 3-spd. with A/C (engine stuck), completely shot floors, frame, wheelhouses, etc... seller also had a 64 Cruiser about as bad, for the price of only...... well, see for yourself:

I really liked the way this was trimmed out... must have been a beauty in it's day.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Seeing that car caused me some pain. You see, back in the 70's I bought a 65 Sports sedan to get the high performance mouse motor that had been installed. While cutting the car up with a torch to get it into the scrap dumpster, I recalled the shiny paint on the floors and wondered if someday I'd regret cutting up a near perfect sedan. Well, that day did in fact come. Remember, this was back in the day when a real nice hardtop could be bought for maybe $500, and drivers were under $100.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Seeing that car caused me some pain. You see, back in the 70's I bought a 65 Sports sedan to get the high performance mouse motor that had been installed. While cutting the car up with a torch to get it into the scrap dumpster, I recalled the shiny paint on the floors and wondered if someday I'd regret cutting up a near perfect sedan. Well, that day did in fact come. Remember, this was back in the day when a real nice hardtop could be bought for maybe $500, and drivers were under $100.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
      63 Lark 2 door
      57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

A few years ago there was a young man and his dad who brought a really nice 65 Sports Sedan to the TriState Meet in Asheville. According to Dad it was a real rust bucket, but they pieced two cars together, if I recall correctly, and came up with a real nice car for the son. It looked pretty much stock looking with the exception of wheels and that four speed stick shift coming out of the floor.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

A few years ago there was a young man and his dad who brought a really nice 65 Sports Sedan to the TriState Meet in Asheville. According to Dad it was a real rust bucket, but they pieced two cars together, if I recall correctly, and came up with a real nice car for the son. It looked pretty much stock looking with the exception of wheels and that four speed stick shift coming out of the floor.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser

Comment

My granddad has a rusty one of those too... [V]

Matthew Burnette
            '59 Scotsman
            '63 Daytona
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

My granddad has a rusty one of those too... [V]

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Out West, we pass on $200.00 cars in better shape than that! He has to be kidding! [:0]LOL!

But you are right Bob, '65 Daytona Sport Sedans are very cool cars![^][]

Well all except the 13 Ga. frame that is! Remember 2 Dr. Sedan = lightweight frame, they need a '62 Daytona H/T 11 Ga. frame under them to be fine! [:0]

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Out West, we pass on $200.00 cars in better shape than that! He has to be kidding! [:0]LOL!

But you are right Bob, '65 Daytona Sport Sedans are very cool cars![^][]

Well all except the 13 Ga. frame that is! Remember 2 Dr. Sedan = lightweight frame, they need a '62 Daytona H/T 11 Ga. frame under them to be fine! [:0]

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X