Removing Body from Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Body from Frame

I am going to remove the body from the frame on my 66 2 door sedan.

How far should I strip it down? Can I leave the doors on? What about front and rear windows? I do have all of the interior removed. Lastly I have an overhead hoist, what would be a good place to lift from?
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

It really depends on what you are trying to do. If you are just going to replace the frame then leave everything on it and just disconnect what needs to be disconnected. If you are doing a body off restoration then strip everything off of it before you remove it as it will be lighter and will be easier to disassemble at ride height. Good Luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Should have made myself clearer. I am swapping frames. The old one is bent. what I was asking is if I leave it "together" will that be too much weight to lift. I don't want to ruin the body in the transfer process.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I have never done a 66 stude sedan, But I done many Corvetts using a lift. I have never had any problems leaving everything on the car.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
        X