60 Lark 4 Dr. LR Quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark 4 Dr. LR Quarter

I'm getting a 60 Lark 4 dr. for cheap; solid but hit in LR. I could straighten it, but it'd be a major repair...

How available is a replacement, and what kind of $$ should I expect to pay? Anyone got one to sell?

Seeing that they unbolt, I'm thinking replacement's probably the way to go...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Sasco has NOS left rear fenders in stock- PN 1331453 $104.50

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Wis. Studebaker has them for $50.+ shipping. (715)643-2028
      Klif

55 Speedster
      42 Champ Coupe
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Make sure the damage is contained to any "bolt on part" of the car - otherwise its probally not worth trying to fix on a four door car.

Body damage can be decieving - I acquired a 62 2dr that was a nice running driving car but hit in the passengers side, though the damage looked contained to the bolt on fender it "drifted" the body mounts that are on the frame and etc. Will the car get fixed, probally but I'd advise to go cautiously before jumping in a crashed car.

Hopefully the car you are describing isn't the 1960 lark that was for sale on the south side of SB that was hit in the LR - if it is I'd walk, no run from the deal.

KF

Comment

Actually, it's this one:

Funny story:
          This car was 25 minutes from me... went to see it, and liked it- IF I could get it cheap enough. Well, it went over my high bid; seller called me back, saying he'd take $1200; I passed- really wanted it, but was just too high...

A few days later, I got an e-mail from the high bidder; saw that I was the back bidder, and asked if I needed any parts... he's building a Lark street rod- custom frame and suspension, 401 Rambler engine [:0] and said he just bought it for the nose [V]... I replied, "Ouch- I wanted to save it!". The next day I e-mailed him and asked if he wanted to sell what was left, figuring to at least save the parts, seeing I have plenty of room to keep it. He replied that it was complete except for the nose, but his original nose was complete and went with it- plus the entire frame, suspension, and running gear from the one he's building; said he'd deliver it to me (he's about 3 hrs. away) for my original bid... we negotiated, and ended up at $550 for everything, delivered...

KF, I've got extensive experience in body repair- did it for 20 years... this one was hit high- cleared the bumper and frame, crumpled the quarter and rear panel... I can have the structure straight in about 2 hrs, ready for the new quarter... the fenders thar come with it are not bad, some rust starting in the usual area... floors, frame, and rest of the body are rock-solid and straight!! If it has been rebuilt, it's well worth saving, since I wanted a 4 dr. 6 stick [:I]

When I get it here (a week or 2) I'll know more, and put up some pics... in the meantime, thanks all for the leads!

Now, to find a taillight and back-up light.......[8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I only looked at a couple of the pictures. That is what you call a real basic Lark. Besides the six and no clock or radio, it appears that it doesn't even have a heater or defroster.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY
            1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
            1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

A real cute Lark . I love those 59-60 4 door Larks. I also think they were a real "milestone" car for Studebaker...and for the entire US auto industry.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

JUST the sort of Lark I would like to find for my nephew - well, without the body damage. Heck, I don't need an engine in it as I have a couple of candidates here! But it's got to be 500 or preferably less.[)]

Dick, keep your eyes peeled up there.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, Gary- it IS a real "stripper"...

I don't know why I want a 4 door; that's bad enough... but wanting a 3 on the tree, and <GASP> the 6?

[)]

All I know is I do...........[:I]

My official story is that I wanted to save it from being crushed, which I am doing... (don't tell the cool guys I actually like it!!)

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

If you are thinking of replacing the rear trunk panel (between the rear fenders) be aware that the 1961 panel that SASCO sells does not correctly fit the 1959 & 1960 Larks. The bottom of the panel is about 1-1/2 inch too short (where it meets the trunk floor) and the gas filler door is moved up the same 1-1/2 inches. I found this out when my 1960 Lark was at the body shop and they tried to install the new panel, it was a no-go without a lot of custom work. Fortunately I was able to find a correct NOS panel.

Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
                    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
                    Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Tanks, Dan... great info, not only for this project, but future rescues!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Dick, keep your eyes peeled up there.
                        Will do...the problem is I personally would love to own one (preferebly 4 door, OD, 6, and that coral color) AND my buddy in Eastern Washington is bugging me to find the same sort of car so he can trade me for his 2R16-32 with less than 10,000 original miles. I guess I need to find 3 of them [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's one, the price is right, but on the wrong side of town for you guys.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                          1948 M-16 grain truck
                          1949 2R16A grain truck
                          1949 2R17A fire truck
                          1955 E-38 grain truck
                          1957 3E-40 flatbed
                          1961 6E-28 grain truck
                          1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                          1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
                          1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                          1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                          1964 Cruiser
                          And various other "treasures"
                          Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Interesting, Dick... I'm flirting with the idea of a color change- and was thinking either the robin's egg blue- or that coral color (a.k.a. Pepto-Bismol)! Still thinking about staying with the green, although it's not my favorite; but seeing that it'll need interior work anyway....

This one will meet my quest for a 4 dr. Lark that's solid and drivable for under $2K delivered [8D]

Of course, the worthless Provincial gets first dibs...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I started a new thread on this car titled, "Project Lark Rescue"... be sure to check it out!

Forgot to mention- it's on the Gen Discussion forum!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X