PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Daytona Conv.We need some parts

Alain from QC
03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi friends! My name is Alain from Lambton,Quebec, Canada.

My cousin and I realised a dream to get that car who is exactly the same as my sister had in 1964 when my family had the Studebaker Dealership in my hometown, Thetford Mines, QC from 1949 to 1966.

We are actually restoring that "Rusty Princess......." and try to give her a great shape ,her Lettres de Noblesse.., but we need some parts.

Specially we need some chrome trims who are in bad shape and

a left side cowl panel # 1352295, that is the part who fix the left door to the frame.
We also looking for 2 fine air deflectors in nice condition
#1356168 and 1356169.And some window chrome trims, specially for the right door
If you have these parts or something interesting for our restoration, I Invite you to send me an email on my personal email
gral67@hotmail.com
Sorry for my poor english writing.
But Studebaker Lovers, as everybody knows are from all around the world in any langages!!!
We will call our white convertible"Ange"(Angel) because we tough that we had a lot of chance to get that rare Stud.Would you please be our Angels to help to finish our restoration?
Merci Beaucoup,
Best Regards,
Alain

rockne10
03-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Welcome, Alain!

I do hope you will become a member of SDC. Many vendors and support available through TURNING WHEELS, the monthly SDC publication.

I notice there is no SDC Chapter in Quebec![V]

Surely l'Acadie has Studebaker owners who would be interested in supporting your efforts. How about it, les amis?

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknegauges.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

rockne10
03-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Welcome, Alain!

I do hope you will become a member of SDC. Many vendors and support available through TURNING WHEELS, the monthly SDC publication.

I notice there is no SDC Chapter in Quebec![V]

Surely l'Acadie has Studebaker owners who would be interested in supporting your efforts. How about it, les amis?

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknegauges.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

N8N
03-03-2008, 09:40 PM
If you still have the chromed pot metal trim that goes under the rear quarter windows and wraps around the convertible top slightly, no matter how bad they are do not throw them away, you will have a hard time finding replacements. At this point I would say anything that is still in one piece is worth replating for those two parts.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

N8N
03-03-2008, 09:40 PM
If you still have the chromed pot metal trim that goes under the rear quarter windows and wraps around the convertible top slightly, no matter how bad they are do not throw them away, you will have a hard time finding replacements. At this point I would say anything that is still in one piece is worth replating for those two parts.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Alain from QC
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks Nate for your judicious reflexion.We have the same idea as your, to replate the trims because, it is impossible to get thoses parts,first and in good conditon.

Unfortunately, we don not have an SDC Quebec Chapter yet probaly because we are just a few owners and most of us are from the different part of our vast Province .

I'm a SDC Canada Atlantic chapter member and I receive a great Help from fine people as Graham Gagné and Bill Jarvis.2 Super fine guys who take the time to write us a ton of judicious informations about our project to redone almost entirely that 64 Decapo(C0NV).I also received help of Mr Foy form the Ontario Chapter by his grea and detailed emails.We hope finish that beauty in 2008 or...2009.
We will probaly remold the air reflectors, but the part of the puzzle will be to get a Left side cowl panel for our left door.
Thanks everybody to be there and for your encouragements!`
We appreciate very much++ in our "Crazy Canucks" project! Ha Ha

Alain from QC

Alain from QC
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks Nate for your judicious reflexion.We have the same idea as your, to replate the trims because, it is impossible to get thoses parts,first and in good conditon.

Unfortunately, we don not have an SDC Quebec Chapter yet probaly because we are just a few owners and most of us are from the different part of our vast Province .

I'm a SDC Canada Atlantic chapter member and I receive a great Help from fine people as Graham Gagné and Bill Jarvis.2 Super fine guys who take the time to write us a ton of judicious informations about our project to redone almost entirely that 64 Decapo(C0NV).I also received help of Mr Foy form the Ontario Chapter by his grea and detailed emails.We hope finish that beauty in 2008 or...2009.
We will probaly remold the air reflectors, but the part of the puzzle will be to get a Left side cowl panel for our left door.
Thanks everybody to be there and for your encouragements!`
We appreciate very much++ in our "Crazy Canucks" project! Ha Ha

Alain from QC

gordr
03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Alain, I don't have a parts book in front of me, so I can't tell from your description what a left side cowl panel # 1352295 really is. Is it a part unique to convertible bodies, or will it fit all '64 - '66 cars? Do you have to have new parts, or would a section cut from a decent used body work for you?

If you could post, or perhaps e-mail me a picture of the damaged area on your car, I could have a look. Foothills Chapter SDC in Calgary has number of parts cars, and I know where there are more.

In some cases, it's easier to repair the old panel by cutting and welding in new metal. Everything depends upon what areas are rusted, and how much.

Good luck/Bonne Chance!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

gordr
03-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Alain, I don't have a parts book in front of me, so I can't tell from your description what a left side cowl panel # 1352295 really is. Is it a part unique to convertible bodies, or will it fit all '64 - '66 cars? Do you have to have new parts, or would a section cut from a decent used body work for you?

If you could post, or perhaps e-mail me a picture of the damaged area on your car, I could have a look. Foothills Chapter SDC in Calgary has number of parts cars, and I know where there are more.

In some cases, it's easier to repair the old panel by cutting and welding in new metal. Everything depends upon what areas are rusted, and how much.

Good luck/Bonne Chance!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands