PDA

View Full Version : Ebay translation please

JDP
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
OK, I have one of the nine known full package GT's on ebay now and it's at 25K. I just got this question:

"I am not a buyer for the red car. I am a buyer for another one of these nine original cars. My first preference is an original paint example in decent to superb condition. I will pay up for the right one $30,000+. Please keep my name and number if and when one might come available "

I feel mine is in at least decent shape, any ideas as to what to ask this guy ? Maybe he's looking for a car that has not been repainted ? If so, good luck on finding one of the few left like that.:)

JDP/Maryland
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
63 Daytona HT/4 speed
63 Lark 2 door
57 Wagon

JDP
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
OK, I received a reply:
" I am a serious collector. A one time repaint car in one of these Super Hawked is also of interest. I don't want a fully restored car or one that has ever been rusty. "

Anyone know of a Survivor, full package R2 GT I can point this fellow to ?

JDP/Maryland
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
63 Daytona HT/4 speed
63 Lark 2 door
57 Wagon

JDP
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
OK, I received a reply:
" I am a serious collector. A one time repaint car in one of these Super Hawked is also of interest. I don't want a fully restored car or one that has ever been rusty. "

Anyone know of a Survivor, full package R2 GT I can point this fellow to ?

JDP/Maryland
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
63 Daytona HT/4 speed
63 Lark 2 door
57 Wagon

LarkVIII
02-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Can you duplicate the original enamel complete with orange peel? I don't think any factory mass produced cars paint would be considered "superb" How many of the original 9 are complete and unmolested with original upholstery,chrome,glass etc...I don't think the one he's waiting for exists anymore.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

LarkVIII
02-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Can you duplicate the original enamel complete with orange peel? I don't think any factory mass produced cars paint would be considered "superb" How many of the original 9 are complete and unmolested with original upholstery,chrome,glass etc...I don't think the one he's waiting for exists anymore.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

JDP
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, two of the nine are out, they are both on ebay. Of the other seven known, 2 or 3 are basket cases according to Jet Thrust news. If one exists, it may well be above his budget too.:)

JDP/Maryland
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
63 Daytona HT/4 speed
63 Lark 2 door
57 Wagon

JDP
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, two of the nine are out, they are both on ebay. Of the other seven known, 2 or 3 are basket cases according to Jet Thrust news. If one exists, it may well be above his budget too.:)

JDP/Maryland
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
63 Daytona HT/4 speed
63 Lark 2 door
57 Wagon

jnormanh
02-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Some years back I was restoring an Austin Healey Sprite. These cars were old enough, and had been neglected and modified so often, that there were details about which no one was sure.

The AH club out of Charlotte located a brand-spanking new one which a guy in Colorado purchased, brought home and stored in his basement for 30 years. It was untouched from the day it left the dealership. Two of them went to look at it.

When they returned they reported - "Euuuck!" they said. The paint, upholstery and assembly quality was horrible. That car would have been laughed out of a concourse judging.

jnormanh
02-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Some years back I was restoring an Austin Healey Sprite. These cars were old enough, and had been neglected and modified so often, that there were details about which no one was sure.

The AH club out of Charlotte located a brand-spanking new one which a guy in Colorado purchased, brought home and stored in his basement for 30 years. It was untouched from the day it left the dealership. Two of them went to look at it.

When they returned they reported - "Euuuck!" they said. The paint, upholstery and assembly quality was horrible. That car would have been laughed out of a concourse judging.

StudeRich
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
You really have to wonder if guys like that actually know that JT R2 4 Speed and Power Shift '63 & '64 GT Hawks exist with none, some and ALL of the performance package Super Hawk items![:0][:0] Or, are they just looking for a bragging rights "Trophy Car"?

All have seat belts, most have Disc Brakes and TT axle, and only need the traction bars. Then if you want to go almost all the way, add the rear stabilizer bar, no big deal![:p]

Myself I would prefer one of those, (wait a minute, how did my son get one of those before me?) it keeps the cost down, is every bit as much fun and maybe the collectors of rare cars would stay off your back begging to buy it long enough so you could enjoy it!!:D

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

StudeRich
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
You really have to wonder if guys like that actually know that JT R2 4 Speed and Power Shift '63 & '64 GT Hawks exist with none, some and ALL of the performance package Super Hawk items![:0][:0] Or, are they just looking for a bragging rights "Trophy Car"?

All have seat belts, most have Disc Brakes and TT axle, and only need the traction bars. Then if you want to go almost all the way, add the rear stabilizer bar, no big deal![:p]

Myself I would prefer one of those, (wait a minute, how did my son get one of those before me?) it keeps the cost down, is every bit as much fun and maybe the collectors of rare cars would stay off your back begging to buy it long enough so you could enjoy it!!:D

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA