X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick - Can you save this one?

Dick,

While it has some issues, the bid is currently $25.00 and no reserve. Ought to much more in parts to be harvested if someone didn't want to get it going again. While he says it is a '61 he also mentions that it has a Commander motor.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

I think it was StudeDude that alerted us to this guy in Eastern Washington early this year. He is disposing of many many cars that his father had collected...including quite a few Studes. What he didn't sell on eBay, he priced too high for me to get involved. Even if this one was free, I'd be out $150 in gas to go and get it. With a stuck motor and rotted out body it MAY have more than $150 worth of parts on it, but not enough more to be worth the bother. Sorry about that.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think it was StudeDude that alerted us to this guy in Eastern Washington early this year. He is disposing of many many cars that his father had collected...including quite a few Studes. What he didn't sell on eBay, he priced too high for me to get involved. Even if this one was free, I'd be out $150 in gas to go and get it. With a stuck motor and rotted out body it MAY have more than $150 worth of parts on it, but not enough more to be worth the bother. Sorry about that.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's definitely a 1960 truck, but it may be one of those that got titled as a '61 because of when it was sold originally.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/53C.jpg [/img]
        Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

It's definitely a 1960 truck, but it may be one of those that got titled as a '61 because of when it was sold originally.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/53C.jpg [/img]
          Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Boy, if it wasn't so far, I'd bid on it. What a combo! Big 6, floor shift, 16" wheels, narrow bed! NEAT!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Boy, if it wasn't so far, I'd bid on it. What a combo! Big 6, floor shift, 16" wheels, narrow bed! NEAT!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Dick,

I think we talked about this on the forum a while back. I didn't realize it was so far away, but then again, we probably can't save everything. Perhaps you can work out a deal with Bob to grab it and then deliver it to CA when you go down to get you next vehicle.

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

Dick,

I think we talked about this on the forum a while back. I didn't realize it was so far away, but then again, we probably can't save everything. Perhaps you can work out a deal with Bob to grab it and then deliver it to CA when you go down to get you next vehicle.

Gary

Comment

Gary,
                    Is it possible this could be a 3/4 ton? Hard to tell, but looks like full wheel covers...I doubt those would cover a split rim...but who knows.
                    Dan Miller

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                    Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Gary,
                      Is it possible this could be a 3/4 ton? Hard to tell, but looks like full wheel covers...I doubt those would cover a split rim...but who knows.
                      Dan Miller

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Dan, the serial# indicates it's an E6. That would be a half-ton with a big 6 so those are probably just the optional 16" wheels.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Dan, the serial# indicates it's an E6. That would be a half-ton with a big 6 so those are probably just the optional 16" wheels.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Dick, was there anything else over there worth taking the truck and trailer for?
                            Mike,
                            The guys name is Jayson Vories, email jaysonvories@hotmail.com phone number (509) 386-7037. StudeDude alerted this group to the stash in January of this year. I asked for and received a lot of pictures from Jayson. Some Studes worth saving, but his prices were too high for me.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

Dick, was there anything else over there worth taking the truck and trailer for?
                              Mike,
                              The guys name is Jayson Vories, email jaysonvories@hotmail.com phone number (509) 386-7037. StudeDude alerted this group to the stash in January of this year. I asked for and received a lot of pictures from Jayson. Some Studes worth saving, but his prices were too high for me.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X