PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Phantom lately

studeski
02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Has anyone dealt with Phantom in the last few months? Any idea on lead times? Quality OK?

Claude Chmielewski
Studeski
http://www.studeski.com
Fillmore, Wisconsin
47 M-16 Truck
62 GT Hawk
63 Lark
64 Commander Wagonaire
50 Champion Regal (parts car)
[img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
"One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
much in fashion anymore."

Avantidon
02-27-2008, 11:11 AM
I had Phantom build me a dash pad for my 61 T-Cab. it was very good in workmanship and quality. As for time frame,I am hearing depending on what you need it can be 90 days or so. I would suggest that you call them and talk to them. I suspect that will also be in York this weekend if you where again you can talk directly with them.

Avantidon
02-27-2008, 11:11 AM
I had Phantom build me a dash pad for my 61 T-Cab. it was very good in workmanship and quality. As for time frame,I am hearing depending on what you need it can be 90 days or so. I would suggest that you call them and talk to them. I suspect that will also be in York this weekend if you where again you can talk directly with them.

arkiejazz
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

[:o)]Don, if this is too personal, I understand. I would be interested to know how much that Champ dash pad set you back?[:o)]

steve blake
http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/arkiejazz/thumbnails/p1010078-200x104.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/arkiejazz/thumbnails/p1010009-225x107.jpg

arkiejazz
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

[:o)]Don, if this is too personal, I understand. I would be interested to know how much that Champ dash pad set you back?[:o)]

steve blake
http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/arkiejazz/thumbnails/p1010078-200x104.jpghttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/arkiejazz/thumbnails/p1010009-225x107.jpg

JDP
02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Wait time on interior can be from a month or so, to well over a year, depending on when your model comes up for production. The did my Golden Hawk in about 4 months.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

JDP
02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Wait time on interior can be from a month or so, to well over a year, depending on when your model comes up for production. The did my Golden Hawk in about 4 months.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

studeski
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

John, Was that the Golden Hawk you sold a few years ago or more recent? Phantom changed hands last year.
Thanks,

Claude Chmielewski
Studeski
Fillmore, Wisconsin
47 M-16 Truck
62 GT Hawk
63 Lark
64 Commander Wagonaire

studeski
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

John, Was that the Golden Hawk you sold a few years ago or more recent? Phantom changed hands last year.
Thanks,

Claude Chmielewski
Studeski
Fillmore, Wisconsin
47 M-16 Truck
62 GT Hawk
63 Lark
64 Commander Wagonaire

Avantidon
02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Steve e-mail me at keydetsdj@aol.com and I'll be glad to share that info with you.

Avantidon
02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Steve e-mail me at keydetsdj@aol.com and I'll be glad to share that info with you.

JDP
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
That was with Rene, but I've heard that things have not sped up under the new owners. I've received a few orders from folks recently that needed my covers while they waited so they could drive their cars. A phone call to Phantom would be better then speculating though.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

JDP
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
That was with Rene, but I've heard that things have not sped up under the new owners. I've received a few orders from folks recently that needed my covers while they waited so they could drive their cars. A phone call to Phantom would be better then speculating though.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

bondobilly
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
In Reedsville I gave Nick the incorrect door panels that were made by Phantom a few years ago. I got a call yesterday that my door panels, kick pads, package shelf and carpeting will be delivered to me at York.

In talking with Nick and Nicole in Reedsville they are really on top of things and it seems that lead time has been cut. They will be in York and if anyone wants to see my door panels after I get first look you are more than welcome too.

bondobilly
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
In Reedsville I gave Nick the incorrect door panels that were made by Phantom a few years ago. I got a call yesterday that my door panels, kick pads, package shelf and carpeting will be delivered to me at York.

In talking with Nick and Nicole in Reedsville they are really on top of things and it seems that lead time has been cut. They will be in York and if anyone wants to see my door panels after I get first look you are more than welcome too.

jgrohs
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I ordered a bra for my 06 Avanti in November. I spoke with Nicole on the phone to order it. It arrived within the 1-2 month window she quoted ( closer to the end), and is of good quality.

Jeff

1951 Rod
1962 Champ
1963 Avanti R1
1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
1964 Daytona Convertible
2006 Avanti Convertible

jgrohs
02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I ordered a bra for my 06 Avanti in November. I spoke with Nicole on the phone to order it. It arrived within the 1-2 month window she quoted ( closer to the end), and is of good quality.

Jeff

1951 Rod
1962 Champ
1963 Avanti R1
1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
1964 Daytona Convertible
2006 Avanti Convertible

jackb
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
All are welcome to take a peak at my 63' Cruiser seats being delivered to York by Phantom. Even with the effect of the internet, York provides the chance to see vendors up front & personal. To see their work and service ethic. I've bought & seen seat covers from Phantom and the company John sells for(assuming Western Mass company)One set of goods is for restorations, the other for drivers. I doubt
the level of restoration is dictated by time......BTW, I placed my order with Phantom on Sept. 5th. My order included 2 front individual seats, rear seat w/ armrest, carpet set & correctly dyed windlace. I would have gladly gone with the western Mass company if they could have matched my Rose Mist interior color. Why couldn't I have bought a car in black or red ? Phantom had NOS materials in my colors and I couldn't pass it up. Also, a huge factor in my favor was a 30K solid body. I felt I could justify the correct interior given the savings in body work.

jackb
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
All are welcome to take a peak at my 63' Cruiser seats being delivered to York by Phantom. Even with the effect of the internet, York provides the chance to see vendors up front & personal. To see their work and service ethic. I've bought & seen seat covers from Phantom and the company John sells for(assuming Western Mass company)One set of goods is for restorations, the other for drivers. I doubt
the level of restoration is dictated by time......BTW, I placed my order with Phantom on Sept. 5th. My order included 2 front individual seats, rear seat w/ armrest, carpet set & correctly dyed windlace. I would have gladly gone with the western Mass company if they could have matched my Rose Mist interior color. Why couldn't I have bought a car in black or red ? Phantom had NOS materials in my colors and I couldn't pass it up. Also, a huge factor in my favor was a 30K solid body. I felt I could justify the correct interior given the savings in body work.

JDP
02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I just tell folks with rose mist cars to call Phantom. When they run out of NOS vinyl, the rose mist interiors will have to be converted in color unless they spent a ton to have it custom dyed.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

JDP
02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I just tell folks with rose mist cars to call Phantom. When they run out of NOS vinyl, the rose mist interiors will have to be converted in color unless they spent a ton to have it custom dyed.

JDP/Maryland
63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
spent to date $54664,75
64 R2 GT (Sid)
spent to date $62,839.60
63 Lark 2 door
57 wagon
39 Coupe express

jbwhttail
02-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm all smiles when it comes to Phantom, they delivered the pieces I needed on time and in the time frame I had to work with.

It is an addiction!

jbwhttail
02-27-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm all smiles when it comes to Phantom, they delivered the pieces I needed on time and in the time frame I had to work with.

It is an addiction!

bondobilly
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I picked up my new interior this afternoon. Totally amazing. By far the best workmanship I have ever seen. The backing board is extremely strong, the pre-punched clip holes have a better bite than before, and the mylar is perfect, and the door clip gizmo has been upgraded for a stronger hold. The capeting has padding and the stitching is tight. Fantastic. I ordered in November at Reedsville and got the stuff today, so I figure about 90 days or so. If you want your interior done, get them to start now, because they are going to be busy based on what they showed over the weekend.

bondobilly
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I picked up my new interior this afternoon. Totally amazing. By far the best workmanship I have ever seen. The backing board is extremely strong, the pre-punched clip holes have a better bite than before, and the mylar is perfect, and the door clip gizmo has been upgraded for a stronger hold. The capeting has padding and the stitching is tight. Fantastic. I ordered in November at Reedsville and got the stuff today, so I figure about 90 days or so. If you want your interior done, get them to start now, because they are going to be busy based on what they showed over the weekend.

rockne10
03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
It's great they attend the swap meets. You can look at samples of every cloth they have, many of which have been reloomed to original specs. Rene built a great reputation, and it looks like these guys will continue.

rockne10
03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
It's great they attend the swap meets. You can look at samples of every cloth they have, many of which have been reloomed to original specs. Rene built a great reputation, and it looks like these guys will continue.