FORUM MAINTENENCE TODAY- please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUM MAINTENENCE TODAY- please read

The forum will be going offline this afternoon (Tuesday, 2/26) for 2-3 hours while we upgrade the software to the latest version. We think this will solve a number of recent problems related to new registrations, member-to-member emails, email and password changes, etc. Heck, it MAY even solve the posts-out-of-order problem.

Regardless, it's something that must be done. This only affects the forum and not the main SDC site.

Thank you for your patience.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Thanks, Bob!!!!!!!

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Thanks, Bob!!!!!!!

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

The forum will be going offline this afternoon (Tuesday, 2/26) for 2-3 hours while we upgrade the software to the latest version. We think this will solve a number of recent problems related to new registrations, member-to-member emails, email and password changes, etc. Heck, it MAY even solve the posts-out-of-order problem.
        I have tried twice to post a new topic and both times, when I clicked "Post..." I got an error message telling me that there was a problem- I hadn't answered the anti-spam question. Uh, where is it and how do I answer it?
        Obviously I can post a reply (but not a new topic).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
        1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

I have tried twice to post a new topic and both times, when I clicked "Post..." I got an error message telling me that there was a problem- I hadn't answered the anti-spam question. Uh, where is it and how do I answer it?
          Obviously I can post a reply (but not a new topic).

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks for your continued attention to these sites.

Comment

Thanks for your continued attention to these sites.

Comment

The new "anti-spam question" is only supposed to show up for new forum registrations. Like 53k, I also just tried to create a New Post and got the same error (which shouldn't happen). I presume all others are getting the same when trying to create a new post?

Looks like back to the shop and get the forum back up on the lift. Stay tuned....

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                sigpic
                Bob Shaw
                Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

The new "anti-spam question" is only supposed to show up for new forum registrations. Like 53k, I also just tried to create a New Post and got the same error (which shouldn't happen). I presume all others are getting the same when trying to create a new post?

Looks like back to the shop and get the forum back up on the lift. Stay tuned....

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Update: I changed a couple of settings. Folks should now be able to post new topics. Sorry. Post here if the problem still persists.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                    sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Update: I changed a couple of settings. Folks should now be able to post new topics. Sorry. Post here if the problem still persists.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
                      sigpic
                      Bob Shaw
                      Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Hi, Bob: No trouble posting a new topic, but I couldn't edit my post when I went back to put the exact date of Charlie Ryan's death (February 16, 2008). The message came up (as usual) that only the moderator and original poster could edit the post, but it then displayed a bunch of computerize gibberish instead of presenting the post for editing. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi, Bob: No trouble posting a new topic, but I couldn't edit my post when I went back to put the exact date of Charlie Ryan's death (February 16, 2008). The message came up (as usual) that only the moderator and original poster could edit the post, but it then displayed a bunch of computerize gibberish instead of presenting the post for editing. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yep, BP...it's a problem. Can't edit, can't delete either. Back to the garage. Kinda like owning a Studebaker. Might be a long night (sigh).

Wait, I'm editing this post! [?]

BShaw

Wait again... seems like members can edit replies but not an original post. I'm getting the whirlies now.

BShaw

Comment

Yep, BP...it's a problem. Can't edit, can't delete either. Back to the garage. Kinda like owning a Studebaker. Might be a long night (sigh).

Wait, I'm editing this post! [?]

BShaw

Wait again... seems like members can edit replies but not an original post. I'm getting the whirlies now.

BShaw

Comment

Working...
                              X