Dupont Paint for My Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dupont Paint for My Studes

I am been reading the various articles around the net on the EPA wanting to make it hard for folks like myself to buy paint for my future projects. I am using Dupont Centari on my 64 Convertible as it works well for me. I happened to be playing on Ebay and spotted a guy whom has gallons of Centari for $60 each, which is much much cheaper than what I paid for the astro white for the 64 2 years ago. I have two future projects and I want to use original factory colors, one is black and one is light gray. So I decided why not, go for it and get two gals of black and 2 gals of white, I can mix the white to make light gray. I will have to keep an eye out for the availability of the reducer as I do not like to keep too much of that on hand due to fire concerns. The last Sherwin Williams Western stuff I bought was $80 a gallon so this sounded like a good deal. I am a believer in you get what you pay far and thus like to use the better quality Dupont or PPG paints on the cars I plan on keeping. In case any one else is interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...209810839&rd=1

If the url paste does not work it is auction number 140209810839.

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk
    1964 Convertable
    1967 Avanti
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

There is nothing on the books which will make it impossible for you to continue painting on a hobby basis.

I'm not so sure about continuing to use Centari. I think DuPont is pushing their Chroma pretty hard and may drop the Centari line in the future. Maybe your supplier will know about that.

Any DuPont dealer will also sell Nason, DuPont's bargain brand, at about half the price of Centari. It's good stuff, looks good and lasts well. IMO, it's just as good as Centari. I've used both.

Comment

There is nothing on the books which will make it impossible for you to continue painting on a hobby basis.

I'm not so sure about continuing to use Centari. I think DuPont is pushing their Chroma pretty hard and may drop the Centari line in the future. Maybe your supplier will know about that.

Any DuPont dealer will also sell Nason, DuPont's bargain brand, at about half the price of Centari. It's good stuff, looks good and lasts well. IMO, it's just as good as Centari. I've used both.

Comment

Working...
      X