A needle in the hay stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A needle in the hay stack

I know this sounds like an impossible quest but I will ask here anyway. About 10 or 15 years ago I set up as a vendor inside the building at Reedsville. I was cleaning up excess that I had around the garage and thought I'd sell some of it off. I had a set of king pins that had the needle bearing journal the same diameter as the bushing diameter. Since I couldn't find a part # cross over I figured they must be for a 1950 model. I sold them or maybe gave them away at that meet. As it turns out, they where from my very early 1964 Daytona conv with the early R3 suspension. I guess I'm hoping that the person that has these will still have them and that person might be on this forum.....Real longshot I know.

Isn't the R3 suspension just 51 stuff ?

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    39 Coupe express
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Isn't the R3 suspension just 51 stuff ?

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Lark 2 door
      57 wagon
      39 Coupe express
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Well yes, the production cars were but the prototype cars had different suspension components. I imagine they were intended for production but got cut as a cost saving measure.

Comment

Well yes, the production cars were but the prototype cars had different suspension components. I imagine they were intended for production but got cut as a cost saving measure.

Comment

I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think all 1961-66 cars had the same king pins, except 1961 Hawks. R-3 models had steel inner bushings, but the king pins and spindles were the same as all later types. Of course disc brake spindles are different. Stephen

Stephen Cade

Comment

I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think all 1961-66 cars had the same king pins, except 1961 Hawks. R-3 models had steel inner bushings, but the king pins and spindles were the same as all later types. Of course disc brake spindles are different. Stephen

Stephen Cade

Comment

You're right Steve, that's why I am trying to locate a kingpin set that I had with my original car. They were prototypes removed for a rebuild{?} and I don't believe I will ever find another set.

Comment

You're right Steve, that's why I am trying to locate a kingpin set that I had with my original car. They were prototypes removed for a rebuild{?} and I don't believe I will ever find another set.

Comment

Working...
                  X