Forum newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum newcomer

I have read the forum almost daily for over three years. It has assisted me in learning more about Studebakers; although, never enough! Some forum participants and other SDC members have helped me with questions in the past. Now there is one more Bob in the forum!

Being aware of the interest in dealer history my Avanti was sold by Maffe Bros., Inc. in Bellaire, Ohio and I purchased it from the deceased owner's family. Milt Green was shown in the local newspaper receiving the keys for the car from John Maffe with the car in the foreground. It is my understanding the photo and article were included in the May, 1963 issue of Studebaker News. It appears delivery was on January 31, 1963. I obtained a copy of the build sheet and the article courtesy of Andy Beckman, Archivist at the Studebaker National Museum.

Naples, FL
    1963 Avanti R2524
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Welcome Bob. Richard Quinn might have a duplicate copy of that issue of the Studebaker News that he'd be willing to sell.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Welcome Bob. Richard Quinn might have a duplicate copy of that issue of the Studebaker News that he'd be willing to sell.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Hey, welcome aboard, Bob. (We could start a Sub-Bob Club on the Forum, but Bob Kabchef and I would be leery of the acronym SBC! [:0][xx(]) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey, welcome aboard, Bob. (We could start a Sub-Bob Club on the Forum, but Bob Kabchef and I would be leery of the acronym SBC! [:0][xx(]) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I agree with your wariness, Mr. Palma! I'm not sure I'd like that acronym. Of course, a little more exclusive club to which I might be the sole member fares no better. That would be the Big Bob Club! [V]

Welcome Bob Bryant! I'm thinkin' not, but any chance you're the same Bob Bryant that used to own a black 60 Lark ragtop with a floor shifter? Used to live in SoCal until you moved elsewhere? Any chance that's you???[8)]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I agree with your wariness, Mr. Palma! I'm not sure I'd like that acronym. Of course, a little more exclusive club to which I might be the sole member fares no better. That would be the Big Bob Club! [V]

Welcome Bob Bryant! I'm thinkin' not, but any chance you're the same Bob Bryant that used to own a black 60 Lark ragtop with a floor shifter? Used to live in SoCal until you moved elsewhere? Any chance that's you???[8)]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome Bob number 4, or is 5,6,7,8, or 9? LOL!!
                Very glad to have you with us![^]

Say, you wouldn't be my old friend from Northrop Aircraft & The Boeing Co. the famous Bob Bryant from San Franando Valley, Calif. would you? The X '57-'58 Packard guy?[:0][:0][?]

edited: OPPS, maybe NOT!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Welcome Bob number 4, or is 5,6,7,8, or 9? LOL!!
                  Very glad to have you with us![^]

Say, you wouldn't be my old friend from Northrop Aircraft & The Boeing Co. the famous Bob Bryant from San Franando Valley, Calif. would you? The X '57-'58 Packard guy?[:0][:0][?]

edited: OPPS, maybe NOT!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We've gotta be talkin' about the same Bob Bryant, Rich.

Edit: Yeah - just checked my '07 roster. THREE Bob Bryants there![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

We've gotta be talkin' about the same Bob Bryant, Rich.

Edit: Yeah - just checked my '07 roster. THREE Bob Bryants there![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I am not the "famous" Bob Bryant, so that may make me "infamous!" I am aware of a Bob Bryant who is or was in California, as I remember seeing his name in the caption under a photo of a car...possibly in Turning Wheels. I lived just over the state line from South Bend for many years and have been in Florida 20 years. We will be moving to Niantic, CT in the future. Our home is for sale here and so are many others. Thanks for the welcome.

Naples, FL
                        1963 Avanti R2524

Comment

I am not the "famous" Bob Bryant, so that may make me "infamous!" I am aware of a Bob Bryant who is or was in California, as I remember seeing his name in the caption under a photo of a car...possibly in Turning Wheels. I lived just over the state line from South Bend for many years and have been in Florida 20 years. We will be moving to Niantic, CT in the future. Our home is for sale here and so are many others. Thanks for the welcome.

Naples, FL
                          1963 Avanti R2524

Comment

Let me add my hearty welcome to the forum, Bob. We need more palindromes.
                            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Let me add my hearty welcome to the forum, Bob. We need more palindromes.
                              Rog

Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X