Gary Sanders, You Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Sanders, You Out There?

I apologize if this is in any way appropriate, but I'm desperate to take Gary up on his offer to help me connect with members in the Fayetteville, Arkansas area ASAP. I posted that I'm looking at the '56 Sky Hawk this weekend and Gary replied but my email through his profile bounced back.

And if this IS inappropriate, please don't be shy about teaching me "forum etiquette" ~ not only is this my first Studebaker but it's also my first forum.

I've learned a BUNCH in the last few days reading threads... my husband asks me each night what new thing I learned about the car that day. Yesterday it was that 56 was the first year they went with a 12V, negative ground system (right?). My favorite bit of info that was posted to my previous thread was about making sure to prop up the hood to protect my noggin!

I welcome ANY contacts from anyone in the Fayetteville area.

Thanks to all!

Fayetteville, AR

Welcome to the forum.

You can click on his name and then click to send him a personal email. He travels a lot and may not be able to answer you right away.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

You can click on his name and then click to send him a personal email. He travels a lot and may not be able to answer you right away.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Rose,
        I am home for the weekend. I sent you an email off forum. You can call me at 417-582-0608

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Rose,
          I am home for the weekend. I sent you an email off forum. You can call me at 417-582-0608

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Yes, 1956 was the year that Studebaker went to 12 volt and negative ground.
            The prop rod is the simple part of the hood situation on those '56 Hawks. 1956 Hawks had a one year hood. Others will fit, but not be correct. The '56 has a small bulge on top, not the long section of other years of Hawks. Good 1956 Hawk hoods are hard to locate (read:expensive). When opening and closing the hood, pull the hood forward/toward you as you lift the hood. Then you put the prop rod in to hold the hood in place.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yes, 1956 was the year that Studebaker went to 12 volt and negative ground.
              The prop rod is the simple part of the hood situation on those '56 Hawks. 1956 Hawks had a one year hood. Others will fit, but not be correct. The '56 has a small bulge on top, not the long section of other years of Hawks. Good 1956 Hawk hoods are hard to locate (read:expensive). When opening and closing the hood, pull the hood forward/toward you as you lift the hood. Then you put the prop rod in to hold the hood in place.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The Sky Hawks are COOL cars. I've always liked them; being as '56 is my favorite year of Studebakers.

Here's the one my uncle bought a few weeks back.

And here's the one my granddad bought in 1991.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The Sky Hawks are COOL cars. I've always liked them; being as '56 is my favorite year of Studebakers.

Here's the one my uncle bought a few weeks back.

And here's the one my granddad bought in 1991.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, Matthew! I sure love the two-tone.

I hope I have good news to share next week about buying one myself!

Rose

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, Matthew! I sure love the two-tone.

I hope I have good news to share next week about buying one myself!

Rose

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

Working...
                      X