'59 Lark interior colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 Lark interior colors

My Lark was originally a white car with a blue interior. I have a chance to buy NOS seat skins in green, no door panels.
    Dieing (sp?) the seat covers is out of the question, but dieing my present blue door panels and dash pad might be OK.
    How different are the green vs blue in that year? any chance of mixing them? Or is the difference so great as to warrant dieing? I can get a green floor mat, but the rear carpet is blue.
    Anyone familiar with the two colors involved? Any comments are welcome.
    KM

Kelly J. Marion

If it were me and this car is a Regal, I would definitely buy the right seat covers and not old rotted cords ones, or dye them Blue!

The knee pads on the lower part of the dash should be dark green to match the top pad, the dash paint should be bright medium Green, the arm rests and door panels will look terrible in med blue because the green is a true green, not blue/green so it does NOT go with BLUE!

My '59 Regal 4 Dr. is Green with the green cloth interior, I don't know if you are looking to buy Regal all vinyl or cloth. Deluxe seat covers are too cheap looking to even bother with.

quote:Originally posted by kelmbaker

My Lark was originally a white car with a blue interior. I have a chance to buy NOS seat skins in green, no door panels.
    Dieing (sp?) the seat covers is out of the question, but dieing my present blue door panels and dash pad might be OK.
    How different are the green vs blue in that year? any chance of mixing them? Or is the difference so great as to warrant dieing? I can get a green floor mat, but the rear carpet is blue.
    Anyone familiar with the two colors involved? Any comments are welcome.
    KM

Kelly J. Marion
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If I remember, Phantom has a bunch of 59' blue to make up your doors & panels ...NOS !! I will be taking delivery of my 63' Rose Mist seats @ York if you care to check out their quality...Nicole & Co. have been very nice to deal with....

Comment

I'd like to check them out as my Rose Mist interior is pretty much toasted.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena

Comment

These are station wagon all vinyl seats.

Kelly J. Marion

Comment

My Rose Mist seats will be delivered to York for you to see.

Comment

Working...
            X