Chevybaker parts gone from SI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevybaker parts gone from SI?

May have missed if this was posted before, but this should make these parts sell faster. https://www.12bolt.com/12-bolt-blog
    sigpic

First I've heard about it.

Comment

Makes perfectly good business sense.
      At least we know a source to look for
      these parts, if needed.
      Thanks for posting the link.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Oh, boy - Wait until some bowtie guy puts a McKinnon motor in his Camaro or Nova and claims he's running Studebaker power..... That would be a good show!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Chris that one I like Funny. All most as good as the guy that put a 5.3 ls in his Studebaker and put a McKinnon sticker on it. A 283 is a 283 I don't care where it came from. I can see SI not wanting to handle these parts as it looks like most listed are engine parts and those you can buy anywhere. Even Rockauto and they would have to price them at a number where it would be hard to make any money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
            Oh, boy - Wait until some bowtie guy puts a McKinnon motor in his Camaro or Nova and claims he's running Studebaker power..... That would be a good show!
            And how will he ever explain that the "Studebaker power" isn't a Ford 289?
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

A McKinnon engine is a bow tie engine
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There were many Camaros, Novas, Chevelles, Impalas, Chevy and GM trucks fitted originally with engines from GM's St. Catherines plant (formally McKinnon Industries). Any engine in a GM car or truck with a code of K is from St Catherines. It is too bad the 283s used by Studebaker weren't also given a GM plant code in the serial number. I have a feeling it may have shown that Studebaker used 283s from which ever GM engine plant could satisfy their demand (Tonawanda, Flint, Saginaw, or St. Catherines)
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Reading into the Buyer's Website it turns out he is mostly interested in the 194 and 230 In Line Six Parts as it is his specialty, so it makes sense that there would be many Tons of that left that NO ONE needs for a Studebaker.

Those should be a good fit for a Chevy Guy. The Chevy II, Nova, Camero and Chevelle owners and maybe 2 or 3 Bel Air's will have what they need for their Classic Chevy.

What would some of you guess, maybe 20 to 30 of those '65/'66 gas Hogs left in the U.S. that actually Run?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey, what do you mean "NO ONE needs..." I have a 230 in my '66 and someday I "might" need parts for it.....
                    Mike Sal

Comment

A McKinnon engine is a bow tie engine
                      No kidding. Had one in my '66 Wagonaire.

Made the bowtie brigade upset. One guy even thought I did a good job customizing a Chevy II wagon.....
                      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        The Chevy II, Nova, Camero and Chevelle owners and maybe 2 or 3 Bel Air's will have what they need for their Classic Chevy.
                        In 67-71 I owned a 65 Impala 2 door HT with the 250 6 and a 3 speed. Not many Impalas delivered with the 6, but plenty of Biscaynes and Bel Airs.
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                          I have a feeling it may have shown that Studebaker used 283s from which ever GM engine plant could satisfy their demand (Tonawanda, Flint, Saginaw, or St. Catherines)
                          I don't believe that is correct. Apparently, Studebaker wanted engines from Tonawanda because they were less expensive, but to satisfy Canadian content regulations, they were forced to use engines from St. Catherines.

Perhaps Stu can inform us if that is why they had to be sourced from a Canadian GM plant.

Craig

Comment

Built a 351 w ford block for a drag race buddy that had 6.200 aftermarket chevy rods, .030 domed chevy ross pistons, and a offset ground crank to fit the rods. and small block chevy valves. Always kidded him I was going to stick a BOW TIE sticker on the air clear because he was real quite about what was in it being a big Ford guy. He just said he would know where to come when he found it.

Comment

I talked to Tom this weekend. I’m going to buy a bunch of parts for my 65. Great guy to deal with. I’m disappointed that SI got rid of the parts but I know the cost to store slow moving parts isn’t good business.

Comment

Working...
                              X