PDA

View Full Version : Gaston for sale...

Noxnabaker
03-12-2019, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to save Josephine & sell Gaston instead...
So if anyone is interested in a wierd car; this is it! (Exept for Panhard Dyna Z, but that one is already gone)
It is a:
-69 Citroen AMI6 wagon (google!) in "well-used-daily-driver-condition" & it is my daily driver since 4 years now, just been down in Holland 3 months but there I only did short drives about 40-50km/day. He's been built from 3 scrap cars:

frame & suspension is original

gerabox & engine is ordinary 2cv but slightly Dyane/AMI style blower-modified

body is AMI8 but

hood, front fenders, front & doors are AMI6
(I have rear AMI6 fenders laying aside & the hood flew up once so it looks... like a hood that has done just that!)

Dashboard is my own DS-styled cuz the door handles & steering wheel are.

The front fenders have rustholes at the lower back that I've saved to annoy those who refuse to understand that the car actually IS old(!) & I'm not achamed of that, & what ever anyone does to it once it aint mine is none of my busyness!

The rear fenders that's on now are seriously rusted & the ones I have laying are a little rusty by the lower edge.

(Gee, why am I going on about this when it only conserns who ever might be inhterested in bying it...)
Anyway: if you're interested AND have googled it you can PM me. Good enough eh?
:o

Noxnabaker
03-12-2019, 04:08 PM
I think I've modified that post 6 times now... :rolleyes:

r1lark
03-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Nox, good luck on selling Gaston. Sure would be great if you can retain Josephine! :)

Noxnabaker
03-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Thanx Paul!
I forgot to mention the price, since I'm me I reckon anyone else could make more cash on him... The price is 4500$, & if you know of someone who might be interested just tell that person so I can keep Josephine!
Gaston is a sweet soft ride, not fast (top speed 140km/h) but reliable!

rockne10
03-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Gaston is a sweet soft ride, not fast (top speed 140km/h) but reliable!That would be 87 mph across the pond. Still beyond most speed limits anywhere here.

Noxnabaker
03-14-2019, 04:50 PM
Well, I drive in Germany from time to time + I live on the countryside in Sweden...

Stude Shoo-wop!
03-25-2019, 09:52 PM
I love Citroens! So wonderfully weird and always willing to not just push, but throw the envelope. I have always particularly admired the Ami because it is quite possibly the most Citroen Citroen of them all if that makes any sense.

Noxnabaker
03-26-2019, 03:43 PM
The AMI6 or 8 is just a 2cv with different body + some DS-touches added such as steeringwheel & doorhandles, but they never bothered making a dashboard so in Gaston I've made my own "gen-3-DS-styled".
But yeah, the AMI6 sure looks different indeed, but you should've seen the Panhard Z I had, & the technics of that car... Go google, like someone on the Racing site did!
;)

Mike Sal
03-30-2019, 04:16 PM
Too bad it's not in the states....looks like something I would drive.
Mike Sal

Noxnabaker
03-31-2019, 02:43 PM
So shipping cas from the US is ok but not the other way? I looked at some US ads & it seems they're about double priced in America & I find that strange since it seems to be quite a bunch of them there as well!
(If the Citroen people here knew I told people in America that my AMI6 is for sale they would get pretty angry.)