'49 for $500 w/o rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '49 for $500 w/o rust

Today, (3/2/19), I received a picture of a 1947 Studebaker that someone bought for $500. The picture shows faded paint and no rust. I guessed that the car was not from NY, where I got the information and picture from. I learned that it was in Tucson, AZ. I will try to put the picture here. [no luck with picture] The picture shows a four door Champion.
    Last edited by studegary; 03-04-2019, 07:30 PM. Reason: corrected year
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

If it was a red car with a black top, it was actually a 1947 that came from California. Upholstery was decent but not original. It had a half done 12 volt conversion but the owner did not know about the overdrive so the car free wheeled. I did here it run with gas down the carb but that was all. The car was/is in Huachuca City about 65 miles south of Tucson. Is this the car? If not, it is still there for $500.00.

BTW, I just purchased a 1952 Commander here in Tucson. It did not have wheels but other than a couple of bruises, decent car with good but non original upholstery. Great driver for $400.00 Dollars that I got last month. Overdrive too. I will get some pictures from the previous owner then try to figure out how to post

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Wow! so they are still out there....

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
        If it was a red car with a black top, it was actually a 1947 that came from California. Upholstery was decent but not original. It had a half done 12 volt conversion but the owner did not know about the overdrive so the car free wheeled. I did here it run with gas down the carb but that was all. The car was/is in Huachuca City about 65 miles south of Tucson. Is this the car? If not, it is still there for $500.00.

BTW, I just purchased a 1952 Commander here in Tucson. It did not have wheels but other than a couple of bruises, decent car with good but non original upholstery. Great driver for $400.00 Dollars that I got last month. Overdrive too. I will get some pictures from the previous owner then try to figure out how to post

Bob Miles
        It is a 1947 Champion four door. It is not two-tone. It is all a dull/faded red.

EDIT: The picture sent to me shows it parked on the street with modern cars.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I still have the phone number from the guy that had the car. I will see if I can contact him and see if it is the same car. He had it on Craigslist sometime ago and I was tempted but held out for the cars I found and have now. He told me 2 or so years ago he would take $500 so I am guessing it is the same car. I thought it has a black top. When I saw the production order, it was originally Navaho Tan.

Bob Miles

Comment

Working...
          X