PDA

View Full Version : Collector car appreciation day

Skip Lackie
03-02-2019, 04:23 PM
https://www.semasan.com/legislative-alerts/national/sema-applauds-introduction-congressional-resolution-recognizing-july-12

Stude Shoo-wop!
03-02-2019, 07:48 PM
What is this? A piece of governmental regulation that we as car enthusiasts can actually like? It is a miracle!

(S)
03-02-2019, 07:58 PM
They need to let you enjoy them now before the new deal, so when they take the gas away and ban them at least you had that one day....

Colgate Studebaker
03-02-2019, 08:08 PM
The "new green deal" needs as much opposition as all of us can give it. What a wacky thought process.

billslark
03-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Well, you have to consider the source of the "the new green deal". Wow, what a moron!

Bill

jclary
03-03-2019, 08:45 AM
I like GREEN!:D I'm not so keen on the "new green deal":confused::(...but for 64 years my Studebaker has enjoyed our roads and highways in all its glorious GREENNESS!:!: And...for me, my best "GREEN DEAL" for 44 years!:cheers:

https://i.imgur.com/2HScnAi.jpg

Colgate Studebaker
03-03-2019, 09:05 AM
I like your "green deal" much better John!! Bill

8E45E
03-03-2019, 09:09 AM
I like GREEN! I'm not so keen on the "new green deal":confused::(...but for 64 years my Studebaker has enjoyed our roads and highways in all its glorious GREENNESS!:!: And...for me, my best "GREEN DEAL" for 44 years!:cheers:

I would take lush GREEN grass over white (Sh!t No One Wants) anytime. Studebakers look their absolute finest parked on it!

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1916/43758378630_858c6ad5c1_k.jpg

Craig

tim333
03-03-2019, 10:43 AM
Did the resolution pass??

8E45E
03-03-2019, 10:50 AM

In Alberta, it did two years ago. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?101802-Perfect-Night-For-Studabakering-In-The-Shop

Craig

brngarage
03-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Anyone in the Southern California area, the Coachmen Car Club of Ventura County (near Los Angeles) is staging a National Collector Car Day show at Vista Ford in Oxnard, CA on July 14th.
PM me for more info. Thanks Howard

Skip Lackie
03-04-2019, 06:47 AM

Can't answer that specifically, but Congress passes hundreds of these things each year -- they have no legal significance. So even if it hasn't passed yet, it will, eventually.

stall
03-04-2019, 09:55 AM
The "new green deal" needs as much opposition as all of us can give it. What a wacky thought process.

A classic case of the inmates taking over the asylum. The good part is its clarity; it's now easy to see what you don't want.

Hallabutt
03-07-2019, 01:25 PM
I just don't understand how anyone connected with vintage cars, could possibly take umbrage with legislation aimed at putting a positive slant on, and that gives recognition to what we do.

I live in the forest and I like green. I like my green cars too. I happen to believe that the two can coexist, nicely, if we don't let radical factions on either side hold sway.

Dick Steinkamp
03-07-2019, 04:32 PM
I belong to several car related forums. This is the ONLY one that has turned Skip's very positive post of joint action between SEMA and congress to promote our hobby, into unrelated political rants. The other forums are planning their July celebrations and capitalizing on the free publicity SEMA is giving to all such activities.

Tough crowd here. :mad:

Skip Lackie
03-07-2019, 04:35 PM
I just don't understand how anyone connected with vintage cars, could possibly take umbrage with legislation aimed at putting a positive slant on, and that gives recognition to what we do.

I live in the forest and I like green. I like my green cars too. I happen to believe that the two can coexist, nicely, if we don't let radical factions on either side hold sway.

Agree with you, but don't think anyone was taking umbrage with the collector car appreciation day resolution (not legislation). The sniping seems to be aimed at some other "green" legislation. Will not go deeper lest the thread get locked.