Check out this air cleaner adapter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this air cleaner adapter.

This engine turned up on eBay. Interesting adapter for the air filter. I am guessing it was in a pre-war car with a low hood? Anyone recognize the transmission?
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

It's a Commander (Big) Six probably with an Air Cleaner for the Desert Explorer Sand Cars or Trucks built for the Desert.

You know it HAS been a Long time since this post was last hit 5/3/2009, I wonder how that Museum restoration project is coming?

Last edited by StudeRich; 03-02-2019, 01:38 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My guess would be cab-over-engine truck since the gearshifter is so high compared to the rest, but I'm not always right...

Comment

A cab over would be a possibility. The parking brake mounted on the transmission did make me think of a truck.
        I went back and found the ad. Not much info. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-...gAAOSwPtBcbDQJ
        Last edited by 52-fan; 03-02-2019, 04:39 PM. Reason: add reference
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

It also has a large vac line on the intake. Likely for truck with power brakes. I do not recognize that air cleaner adapter as being Studebaker, but a 2C had one pretty close.

Comment

The adapter doesn't look factory, but someone was handy with sheet metal. It looks pretty good even though a little boxy.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
            X