Facebook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook?

Any one since this morning within the last 5 hours or so not being able to connect with any page or specifically {Studebaker addicts international on Facebook ? thank you jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

No problem here....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Working in Montana. Just got off it.

Comment

Worked fine this morning at 8 EST, and working fine now.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
          Any one since this morning within the last 5 hours or so not being able to connect with any page or specifically {Studebaker addicts international on Facebook ? thank you jimmijim
          I managed to get it straightened around. thank you all. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

It is very hard for me to imagine ANYONE getting withdrawal symptoms from the Loss of THAT Website!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              It is very hard for me to imagine ANYONE getting withdrawal symptoms from the Loss of THAT Website!
              There are a LOT of great Studebaker people and a LOT of good Studebaker content on Facebook.
              A LOT of different Studebaker pages (too many, really).
              And a LOT of Studebaker people there that feel exactly the same way about the SDC forum
              (that you so eloquently grouse here about Facebook).
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

This is the first time I've clicked on the Forum in weeks. Funny this subject is here, I limit my activity on both Facebook and the Forum. I've deactivated and actually deleted my Facebook account(s) in the past. I've tried, but you can't deactivate or delete your SDC Forum Account.

There may be moderation on the Facebook group. But, I haven't seen it in action if there is. Plus, if moderation is there, it's not in any way as restrictive as it is here. Never seen a "thread locked" on Facebook.

One topic recently on the Facebook page was a poll on how many there were former members of alt.autos.studebaker back in that day. Saw some names there that I haven't seen in years, or have never seen here.

I've kept a presence on Facebook because it is a connection to family, distant and local. Believe me, Facebook is not my favorite medium. But, the family reasons justify keeping it. Studebaker Addicts and a group that discusses the history of my hometown are just a small added bonus to keeping Facebook around. The family factor is not a consideration for me on this Forum. My activity on both FB and The Forum are very limited today due to an avoidance of fabricated controversy. Do not discount the viability of the Facebook Page. People use it for other reasons, and thus, the Studebaker Addicts Page is an easily accessible fun factor to avoid their stupid Facebook Newsfeed.

Comment

Some Facebook groups are moderated well. Some are definitely not. I just delete posts that I find offensive and sometimes unfollow people who think profanity is cute. So far it works fairly well.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    There are a LOT of great Studebaker people and a LOT of good Studebaker content on Facebook.
                    A LOT of different Studebaker pages (too many, really).
                    And a LOT of Studebaker people there that feel exactly the same way about the SDC forum
                    (that you so eloquently grouse here about Facebook).
                    I like FB because as stated, you can block those that you finds disagreeable (trolls...) and there seem to be a lot of young Stude owners, plus it's picture heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      Some Facebook groups are moderated well. Some are definitely not.
                      I started a Facebook group called "FINS"; obviously to share photos and memories of cars with fins. We just passed 16,000 members all over the world.

As far as moderating or administrating the group, it becomes impossible for the moderator(s) to view each and every individual comment, let alone every post.
                      Occasionally someone will comment, "I wish the moderator would do his/her job and delete this."
                      Well, there is an ellipsis in the upper right corner of each post that leads to a an option of either reporting the post to an administrator or directly to Facebook.
                      Lots of people complain easily; it seems not so many are able to assist in the solution.
                      For the most part, the folks in my FINS Group seem to understand why we're there. I seldom get any "member reported" posts, and even less often see anything untoward myself.

When you start a group, you define the group and you set the rules.
                      And when you visit Facebook, you define your needs and you set your rules.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                      X