Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's why you've never heard of the Gran Turismo Hawk (Scotty Kilmer YouTube video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why you've never heard of the Gran Turismo Hawk (Scotty Kilmer YouTube video)

Enjoyable video of a 1962 Gran Turismo Hawk owned by a young guy. Be sure to read through the comments as they are also entertaining.

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Very fitting introduction for a 'first car'. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...n-Turismo-Hawk!

Craig

Comment

Nice work Craig, now I can put a face to the forum name.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I wonder where Scotty got that Intro Pic. of a '63 GT Hawk in a very similar non-Factory Green as the one in the Video, our very Own Jake Kaywell's '62 Hawk?
        Last edited by StudeRich; 02-01-2019, 11:51 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe this is one of our newest Forum members, Shoowop (?). He has posted several subsequent videos and he always does a great job. Very entertaining.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            I believe this is one of our newest Forum members, Shoowop (?). He has posted several subsequent videos and he always does a great job. Very entertaining.
            Jake's "handle" on this forum is Stude Shoo-wop.

That's a fun video, Jake's writing is really good and his enthusiasm comes through his writing as good as his screen persona...maybe even better. Here's hoping he represents the next generation in our hobby and can lure new enthusiasts.

Ken

Comment

Well, it is nice to know that my work is getting around somewhat. I do hope that my work as an automotive missionary will enlighten a few people to more different, "out there" cars. The vast majority of them do deserve to be remembered, as otherwise, the stories of the people who made them will be consigned to the dustbin of history.
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I am curious as to whether that turquoise interior was original to the medium green exterior?

I have seen some "clashing" interior/exterior colors on Studebakers before like red interiors with green or blue exteriors, etc.

That was an enjoyable video in any case.

Jeff in ND

Comment

That kid is a RIOT! A real credit to the club. I like the Hawk, too.
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                    I am curious as to whether that turquoise interior was original to the medium green exterior?

I have seen some "clashing" interior/exterior colors on Studebakers before like red interiors with green or blue exteriors, etc.
                    That is not a stock 1962 color. This shade of green is like what was offered that year:

Of course that Hawk could have also been Ermine White or Velvet Black.

We did mention odd exterior/interior combinations before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...w-with-photos)

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                      Jake's "handle" on this forum is Stude Shoo-wop.

That's a fun video, Jake's writing is really good and his enthusiasm comes through his writing as good as his screen persona...maybe even better. Here's hoping he represents the next generation in our hobby and can lure new enthusiasts.

Ken
                      X2 with the bonus that he's under twenty-teen and can actually drive a car with a third pedal. Kudos! cheers, junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                      X