Headliner - part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Headliner - part two

In the zillion pictures I've taken during this project, I neglected to take a picture of the headliner before I pulled it out. Anyone out there have a picture showing the location of the stainless garnish bows? Oh, '63 GT Hawk.

bhapner

I believe the 4 stainless trim pieces cover the 4 seams in the headliner.
    Last edited by abkco; 02-01-2019, 09:08 AM. Reason: miscounted

Comment

parts manual lists only 4 part numbers, and I have only 4 bows. Of course based on the condition of the previous restoration It's possible that one is missing... I just rechecked the part numbers; there are four, and only one of each listed for the K.

Comment

You'll find here some pictures from a guy who is restoring a 62 GT :https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...4mVFlGT3LLHlCV
        I'd be grateful if you could post a pic showing the exact location of the holes used for the front bow. Mine are currently hidden by the headliner and I can't locate them.
        Nice day to all.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow on those photos. Super for parts, positions, attachment points, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by christophe View Post
            You'll find here some pictures from a guy who is restoring a 62 GT :https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...4mVFlGT3LLHlCV
            I'd be grateful if you could post a pic showing the exact location of the holes used for the front bow. Mine are currently hidden by the headliner and I can't locate them.
            Nice day to all.
            That picture of the roof interior is just what I needed. 4 bows at the 4 forward seams. Regarding the question about the holes... Being a card carrying Luddite, I do old cars and old cameras. All my pics are 35mm film so I don't have anything to send. Don't have a smart phone so we can't go that route either. But the hole in question is located in the windshield header, just forward of the wing vent upper pivot. Use the lower holes. That's probably not much help, sorry.

bhapner

Comment

This Forum is always very interesrting. I had to look for the signifiance of card carrying Luditte as I was not aware of this expression. Same here but you might add curmudgeon... I mostly use my digital camera when working on cars. I still use the 6x9 Zeiss that belonged to my grandmother. Don't be sorry about this and thanks for the nice comments about the pictures.
              Nice evening to all.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X