PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton DNA

rbruner
01-14-2019, 08:29 AM
My wife & I did the Ancestry DNA tests before Christmas & got our results last week. We were mostly interested in our heritages but got some surprising results. It seems that I have DNA matches with 2 sisters & a cousin all born in Hamilton, Ontario. They were all given up for adoption in the early 1960s. There must have been an active home for unwed mothers . I have been in contact with the new cousin. She is quite the sleuth.
Not to judge, but my mother & her sister were quite popular! The newest sister lives in Edmonton. Mother is 91. The news may give her a heart attack!

Mike Sal
01-14-2019, 12:05 PM
My wife & I both did it and were both surprised. Her mother is from Lebanon, but Sonya has only 19% Mediterranean lineage. My name is Saltsgaver (or spelled Saltzgaber) and am 71% British.....go figure....

sweetolbob
01-14-2019, 12:39 PM
A good friends wife decided to get into the genealogy business and found that my friends Dad had left his family and fathered children in two other families that he started. He went from a few relatives to a boat full in no time. He's met most of his relatives and they communicate on a regular basis.

8E45E
01-14-2019, 01:08 PM
A good friends wife decided to get into the genealogy business and found that my friends Dad had left his family and fathered children in two other families that he started. He went from a few relatives to a boat full in no time. He's met most of his relatives and they communicate on a regular basis.

His could be an 'interesting' estate settlement!!!

Craig

bezhawk
01-14-2019, 08:59 PM
DNA test results have been sold and shared with drug manufacturers.... no thanks. How much longer before your DNA "type" is outlawed, or a basis to deny you insurance? How stupid is the public? (don't answer it's hypothetical).