1953 Wagon Progress #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Wagon Progress #4

Got everything back into the frame and will put body on soon. Since I had previously constructed all the subsystems before powder coating the frame it is going back together quickly.
    Attached Files

cool! this looks like the fun part...kind of like assembling a model car kit only in real life size. how come the center section of the 9" is that colour? can't wait to see it finished, looks like its going to be a stunner. cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      cool! this looks like the fun part...kind of like assembling a model car kit only in real life size. how come the center section of the 9" is that colour? can't wait to see it finished, looks like its going to be a stunner. cheers, junior
      Well, a differential is known as a pumpkin, so the color seems fitting to me!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I wish I could build something that good looking!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Looks nice except the engine, just my opinion.

Comment

Wow...a full length (not sure about the built-in bend but) Panhard bar...nice going..!
            And for what it's worth...the engine choice is just fine.

Mike

Comment

If it finishes looking as nice as it does at the start, I'd drive it...with pride.

Keep us in the loop, looking forward to the updates!

Ken

Comment

A lot of the original Ford pumpkins were painted a red oxide color which I tried to duplicate but it came out not red enough, Oh well. Had to put a bend in the panhard bar so it did not hit the back of the rear end housing at full compression, I could not move it back far enough to clear the rear end and not hit the gas tank and/or fuel lines. It is made out of thick wall tubing.

Comment

Working...
                X