Found something I thought Id lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found something I thought Id lost

So, I was scouting around some stored boxes yesterday and came across 2, count em, 2 boxes labeled "Studebaker Books". I thought fer sher that Id lost these in the big move a few years ago, but here they were. Bold as brass, staring back at me from the corner. In them I found a load of shop manuals, parts books and a few other items that some here may need. A couple of the books are original shop books, not copies. The big yellow 64 book is an original and in remarkably good condition. Others are reprints. I even found an Avanti chassis and body parts catalog which appears to be an original. And an Avanti workshop manual which has the glossy cover and gloss pages which is also in fantastic shape. And no dog-eared corners or greasy fingerprints either.
    Anyhoo... Here is the peace day resistonce. (misspelling intentional). My old car club plaque for the East Bay Studies Club in San Leandro CA. I believe there was an article written somewhere suggesting that this was the original and first Studebaker Car Club. Its cast aluminum with the makers mark on the back: Chicago Metal Craft, Port Chicago, CA. I thought Id lost it. So, I'm happy I stumbled across it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1759927
    sals54

A radiused wheel wells Gasser yet! Gotta be rarer than hen's teeth.

Comment

Sal, Do you know anything about the "Hawk Club"? I believe it was a Bay Area Club as my 64GT Hawk, (sold new in San Leandro by Ben Beiger Motors, previous owner was Jim Spivey) has a window sticker promoting the club. Did you know Jim?
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Jim Spivey sure sounds familiar, but I can't place it. And no, sorry, I don't know anything about the Hawk Club.
        sals54

Comment

Awesome "Street Rodder Car Club" Type, old school Plaque Sal, but cooler yet, it is Totally Studebaker!!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You wouldn't have come across a late truck manual by any chance would you Sal?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
              You wouldn't have come across a late truck manual by any chance would you Sal?

What exactly do you need?
              sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                Sal, Do you know anything about the "Hawk Club"? I believe it was a Bay Area Club as my 64GT Hawk, (sold new in San Leandro by Ben Beiger Motors, previous owner was Jim Spivey) has a window sticker promoting the club. Did you know Jim?
                Lou, that sticker was on the car when Jim bought it from the original owner, such a neat sticker he wanted it to remain on the car as long as possible. as for the club plaque the founding member was Gary Talbert and he lives in the Midwest now. Westwood Kansas
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  Lou, that sticker was on the car when Jim bought it from the original owner, such a neat sticker he wanted it to remain on the car as long as possible. as for the club plaque the founding member was Gary Talbert and he lives in the Midwest now. Westwood Kansas
                  Do you know who was the original owner?.....anyone have a photo of Jim Spivey?
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                  X